X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TLMD
    • Sep 2012
    • 5.6.X

Banned by the administrator

When I visit the forum without being logged in, I currently get the following message (also see screenshot below): "The administrator has banned your IP adress. To contact the administrator click here" If I click on that link, all I get is a "400 bad request".

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n59907[/ATTACH]

Why does that happen? Can you make this undone?

And if I am logged in and click on the forums tab in the navbar, I get the same error.

Edit:
    And how can I add screenshots here? The picture link in the advanced editor does not work. The add photo option does not work.
    Last edited by TLMD; Thu 7 Mar '13, 11:43pm.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Use the Share Pictures tab for now until the other bug is fixed.

IP Addresses are banned if they take part in an attack such as a DDOS on the server. That is the only reason they are banned. I don't think we've manually banned any IP addresses for a couple of years now.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• TLMD
      • Sep 2012
      • 5.6.X

I tried to use the share photos option in my initial post, but it didn't work.

Weird. I have changed nothing here on my side and I am still using the same browser, but since yesterday the error is gone. I can't reproduce the error anymore, so I have no chance to say something more specific about it or enter a bug report in JIRA.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...