X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rudedog1968
    • Feb 2004
    • 3.8.x

Can't link to a individual post

Just noticed if a thread has a single page of posts you can link to any post in said thread by clicking on the post number on the right hand side. You get a popup with the URL of said individual post.

However if the thread has multiple pages of a post, you can't link to any of the post within a thread. The URL popup does not pop up.

Not so Rude, Rudedog FPSadmin.com | twitter | Microsoft MVP 2009-2014 - Games for Windows
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

I had not noticed that before. There are several bugs in regarding the pagination and Zachery had one in to rethink the use of javascript for something like getting the post URL (who wants a popup when it is easier to just right-click copy it?)

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• rudedog1968
      • Feb 2004
      • 3.8.x

I agree Lynn, about the copy and paste instead of the popup.

I only noticed this when I had previously been successful on linking to a individual post then having it not work in another larger thread.

Not so Rude, Rudedog FPSadmin.com | twitter | Microsoft MVP 2009-2014 - Games for Windows

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...