X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 2(x)ist
    • May 2011

Illegal vBulletin

Hi,

I need to ask a support staff if a forum is Nulled/Illegal. Also, how does one tell if a vBulletin is Nulled?

Please PM me (Staff members).

Thanks.
  • CK
    Banned
    • Mar 2010

Comment

• 2(x)ist
      • May 2011

I sent one already. Does vBulletin actually do anything though to get it turned offline? I sent a notice to the people hosting the nulled forum and they replied back. But not even a single reply from vBulletin. The people hosting it turned it off, but now it's back on again. I'm pretty sure if the words vBulletin at the bottom of the copyright has no link to vBulletin, it is nulled right? A copyright removal would not even show the vBulletin copyright.

Comment

• AdrianH
        • Sep 2007

No, for reasons of confidentiality vbulletin will not contact you about your report or discuss the possible piracy issue further.

I need to ask a support staff if a forum is Nulled/Illegal. Also, how does one tell if a vBulletin is Nulled?
        You can't tell and the fact that the link at the bottom of the forum does not work does not equate to piracy it could just be an error in coding on a custom theme. If the host turned the site back on they must be happy it is legitimate.

It sounds more as if you have an axe to grind here.

Comment

• we_are_borg
          • Aug 2004
          • 4.2.X

Originally posted by AdrianH
          No, for reasons of confidentiality vbulletin will not contact you about your report or discuss the possible piracy issue further.

You can't tell and the fact that the link at the bottom of the forum does not work does not equate to piracy it could just be an error in coding on a custom theme. If the host turned the site back on they must be happy it is legitimate.

It sounds more as if you have an axe to grind here.
          vBulletin will not communicate what actions there taking against a pirated copy. But there a few possebilities, the site buys a copy, they remove the software or they do nothing an vBulletin contacts their host to get it offline. But in the end they need the help of their host if they do not help vBulletin then they need to look in what country the server is and weigh their options.

Comment

• ACiulla
            • May 2011

From what i learned that you dont have to have the link but they will not help you without it there.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...