Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DBZFanCentral
    • Nov 2001

Who's registered?

I think that there should be a feature where I, as a normal user (not a mod or admin), can tell whether or not a user is a registered member or not. That way we can assist them with their problems or not

Maybe a lightbulb or whatever under ther "posts:" part or somethin? (kinda like the hiddenreply hack works)

What do you guys think? I know that mods usually get to these people to tell them to put in their info, but sometimes a mod isn't around and we read a thread and we aren't sure whether or not someone is registered

Comments?
  • Chris Schreiber
    • Jun 2000
    • 4.0.x

We have discussed this before, but decided to keep the licensed status indicators viewable only to mods/admin.

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

As Chris said. Here's John's announcement explaining the forum posting permissions:

P.S. Aren't you supposed to be in bed? School starts again back tomorrow!
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• DBZFanCentral
        • Nov 2001

bah! its' only 9:27 pm! lol. i gotta get up at 6:45am

I tell my mom I go to bed around 10:30 but really it's more around 11 (MAYBE 10:45 if i am tired)....

but SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Comment

• DBZFanCentral
          • Nov 2001

ok...last question

say someone posts a problem and i or someone else were to help them...yet they aren't registered....would we get in trouble since we didn't know whether or not they were registered?

Comment

• Steve Machol
            Former Customer Support Manager
            • Jul 2000

No you won't get in trouble. However be suspicious if someone post a vB question in a non-vB forum like Chit Chat. It can often mean that they are not licensed. If you see a post in any of the vB 2.0 forums then feel free to jump right in. Only licensed members can post there (except 'Pre-Sales' where anyone can post.)
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...