bypass vbulletin - Join us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • audiokid
    • Apr 2009
    • 4.1.x

YouTube is excellent, Twitter and Facebook are the demise of forums and our communities as we once knew ( at least for a good percentage of vb communities). Am I right or paranoid, who knows but hey, take a look and ask people if their sites are growing as fast as they used to. If the answer is no, then look at those communities and take a deeper look at why and where those people are going. I bet those users are frequenting facebook and twitter more. You are loosing traffic to that. And what's ironic, vb is pushing people there too, rotf! And they are selling forum software. Got to be desperate IMHO putting up a link to go there from here.

However, I'm not so worried for my business circle because my industry isn't embracing twitter and facebook as quickly as others sectors.
    I look at a lot of you whom have forums and think... man, don't be too sure you are feeding your enemy by pushing people to to FB and T on you site...
    I am definitely into technology and use it in a very seriously way but yikes. Most people don't see what's coming unless you are actually part of the cutting edge. I am following the edge and just saying and watching how the leaders here are following the trends and doing less leading. This worries me. Just saying gang....

Bookmark this one for a year down the road. I Hope I'm very wrong.

Cheers!
    Last edited by audiokid; Wed 6 Apr '11, 11:02pm.
    Cheers!

RECORDING ORG
    created for musicians, by musicians

Comment

• Leadcrow
      • Oct 2010

To get vB support on Twitter, you first need to be a licensed customer and follow our Twitter account to obtain Response Tweets. To do this, please go here:

...and click the "follow us" link there. You'll be sent a tweet by Twitter Support personel and will need to email your customer number for your follow request to be approved.

If you still have problems after doing this, send an email to [email protected] or your local nerd. Please include your user name, the number of people following you and your average retweet count so our operators can approve your follow request faster.

All vB4 Support Tweets are required to be made private. Copyright for all sent tweets is assigned to vBulletin Solutions. We reserve ourselves the right to retweet and unapprove follow requests in case of reported violations of the Twitter Support terms and seek damages up to the maximum extent authorized by Californian law.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
        vBulletin Support
        • Aug 2002
        • 5.7.X

Originally posted by carntheroos4eva
        They have given up their time to give us tutorials via youtube, and are on both twitter and facebook but still it looks like we can't please everyone.
        That's actually Jaspers job

Originally posted by Leadcrow
        To get vB support on Twitter, you first need to be a licensed customer and follow our Twitter account to obtain Response Tweets. To do this, please go here:

...and click the "follow us" link there. You'll be sent a tweet by Twitter Support personel and will need to email your customer number for your follow request to be approved.

If you still have problems after doing this, send an email to [email protected] or your local nerd. Please include your user name, the number of people following you and your average retweet count so our operators can approve your follow request faster.

All vB4 Support Tweets are required to be made private. Copyright for all sent tweets is assigned to vBulletin Solutions. We reserve ourselves the right to retweet and unapprove follow requests in case of reported violations of the Twitter Support terms and seek damages up to the maximum extent authorized by Californian law.
        LOL!
        Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• gopherhockey
          • Jul 2002
          • 3.6.x

Forum software is becoming irrelevant. Social media is taking off and supporting new standards (like HTML5) quicker. I'm seeing people flock away from our forums like crazy... I'm starting to think its time to close the forums and re-direct everyone to facebook or some other social media capability (Yammer etc.)

Seriously.. I can't re-tweet a post in here, or "like" it and actually see what I've liked.... :eye roll:

If facebook pays any more attention to their discussion capabilities it will be time for the fat lady to sing.

In addition, the world is going mobile fast. Mobile forum use is mostly a joke. (thank God for tapatalk)
          www.morcmtb.org

Comment

• vivamexico55
            • Mar 2005

Interesting, I just posted a thread about HTML5. VB is falling behind so far it's not even funny now. Two years ago they looked like they were going to jump ahead of everyone, but nothing happened.

I too thought that if Facebook decided to make usable forums, they'd kill VB. I agree with you a lot.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...