bypass vbulletin - Join us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ace
    • Apr 2004
    • 4.2.X

Originally posted by audiokid
    Actually to add, what I am really seeing is vbulletin needing more money for the next campaign cash run at the expense of their future. Back to my China parallel. More and more people are buying China crap and more and more people are unemployed here.
    And you say it's vBulletin that's run by morons?
    My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
    vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• Loco.M
      • Mar 2005
      • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      If you're done looking at it, click the X in the top right corner and it will go away.
      ah thanks
      ATTENTION ALL Members and new users coming here... ! Isn't this what you are telling us?

You are promoting Facebook and Twitter, and telling every single reader that comes here to go there! You are in trouble in more ways than one. I am seriously rethinking your direction and I absolutely think this community is being run by morons.

I'm done with this topic.
      wow
      might as well disable facebook on your forum as well, wouldn't want to confuse your OWN members

Actually to add, what I am really seeing is vbulletin needing more money for the next campaign cash run at the expense of their future. Back to my China parallel. More and more people are buying China crap and more and more people are unemployed here.
      wait, what happen to this statement??
      I'm done with this topic.

you're welcome to borrow my avatar if you'd like
      -- Web Developer for hire
      ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

• punchbowl
        • Nov 2006
        • 4.0.x

I've bookmarked this thread with del.ico.us

Comment

• Ryan Ashbrook
          • May 2003

To all the naysayers: Why don't you go complain to XenForo, IPS, Woltlab, MyBB, and the other forum software vendors who do the exact same thing.

While you're at it you can also send your sentiments to NBC, ABC, Fox, MySpace, Microsoft, Sony, Ubuntu, Victoria's Secret, Target, Walmart, AT&T, Verizon, and the millions of other companies that do the exact same thing.

It's just marketing. I fail to see how you could not expect them to do this? Hell, in my opinion they're late in the game on the front.
          Ryan Ashbrook - My Blog - My Twitter

Comment

• Arkham
            • Mar 2001
            • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Ryan Ashbrook
            To all the naysayers: Why don't you go complain to XenForo, IPS, Woltlab, MyBB, and the other forum software vendors who do the exact same thing.
            And I'll bet that their info bars don't giant tilted plus signs, either!

I must say I'm getting used to it. Even if there was a way to remove that message, I am becoming rather fond of my little crossy friend.

Wait a minute. Cross? <tilts head>

Sonofa....!

Comment

• Ace
              • Apr 2004
              • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Arkham
              And I'll bet that their info bars don't giant tilted plus signs, either!

I must say I'm getting used to it. Even if there was a way to remove that message, I am becoming rather fond of my little crossy friend.

Wait a minute. Cross? <tilts head>

Sonofa....!
              If you can, tilt your monitor 45 degrees left. It will fix the plus completely. Might cause unintended effects to everything else, but hey.
              My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
              vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• Arkham
                • Mar 2001
                • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Ace
                If you can, tilt your monitor 45 degrees left. It will fix the plus completely. Might cause unintended effects to everything else, but hey.
                I can't do any of that, my laptop's already on it's side. I solved the riddle of those smiling faces everyone's always talking about! Now they make sense!

Comment

• Mr. Mikey
                  • Feb 2009

you still have a typo in your twitter background.
                  My Forums: The Geek District - Off Topic Hut
                  My Blog: Mikeylicious
                  Projects: Shorten URL's with kwn.me

Comment

• IB Adrian
                    Former Senior Operations Manager
                    • Jul 2008
                    • 3.6.x

That is intentional
                    Adrian

Comment

• Alfa1
                      • Dec 2005
                      • 3.8.x

If you need people to receive your messages on twitter, facebook then why dont you add functionality to vbulletin to allow vbulletin members to follow you on twitter and facebook, by activating that function from within vbulletin?
                      Why is it needed to communicate from twitter to twitter, instead of from vbulletin to twitter. Or from vbulletin to facebook.
                      I buy 420 forums

Comment

• IB Adrian
                        Former Senior Operations Manager
                        • Jul 2008
                        • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Alfa1
                        If you need people to receive your messages on twitter, facebook then why dont you add functionality to vbulletin to allow vbulletin members to follow you on twitter and facebook, by activating that function from within vbulletin?
                        Why is it needed to communicate from twitter to twitter, instead of from vbulletin to twitter. Or from vbulletin to facebook.
                        Valid point - that is a separate... very loosely related item that we may or may not be working on.

Follow us on Twitter to find out.
                        Adrian

Comment

• audiokid
                          • Apr 2009
                          • 4.1.x

Interesting to see who chimes in here and how you respond to this. I can understand having a twitter or facebook page and point here, but not the other way around. It doesn't make sense to me. Am I doing this, ya, but I'm not liking it at all.

I'll tell you I disable the ability for facebook users to login into my site for very good reason and made the announcement that there was a security issue with it related to the custom profiles. Glad we have the patch in 4.0.8.pl 2 Thank you.

I would remove the whole thing but the 'I like" is mentioned with vbseo to be some function that I'm "hoping" will help more than what's happening here. Do I like pointing to Facebook and Twitter, NOT AT ALL. I think its the demise of many forum communities and if you think I'm wrong, lets look back on this topic in a year. I bet vb4 isn't making the money they hoped one year later eh? And its going to lessen because of Facebook and Twitter for certain.

Sorry for being so harsh, but no one is listening. Its not a good thing for any of us and seeing vb pointing to it on the top page, is really disturbing. I'm absolutely certain you are in trouble when I see this on the leader board slot. And I'm not the only one that thinks this. I've been doing this forum thing a long time. We are in big trouble.

Peace out.
                          Cheers!

RECORDING ORG
                          created for musicians, by musicians

Comment

• TheLastSuperman
                            • Sep 2008

Interesting to see who chimes in here and how you respond to this. I can understand having a twitter or facebook page and point here, but not the other way around. It doesn't make sense to me. Am I doing this, ya, but I'm not liking it at all.

I'll tell you I disable the ability for facebook users to login into my site for very good reason and made the announcement that there was a security issue with it related to the custom profiles. Glad we have the patch in 4.0.8.pl 2 Thank you.

I would remove the whole thing but the 'I like" is mentioned with vbseo to be some function that I'm "hoping" will help more than what's happening here. Do I like pointing to Facebook and Twitter, NOT AT ALL. I think its the demise of many forum communities and if you think I'm wrong, lets look back on this topic in a year. I bet vb4 isn't making the money they hoped one year later eh? And its going to lessen because of Facebook and Twitter for certain.

Sorry for being so harsh, but no one is listening. Its not a good thing for any of us and seeing vb pointing to it on the top page, is really disturbing. I'm absolutely certain you are in trouble when I see this on the leader board slot. And I'm not the only one that thinks this. I've been doing this forum thing a long time. We are in big trouble.

Peace out.
                            We are listening... you may think some are not however we all have our opinions as well .

Former vBulletin Support Staff
                            Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
                            Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

Comment

• aussiefooty
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 6.0.X

Wouldn't have a clue on why some of you are whinging about the extra help you are getting from these guys. They have given up their time to give us tutorials via youtube, and are on both twitter and facebook but still it looks like we can't please everyone.
                              those of you who are complaining get with the technology it will end up helping you out when you are stuck and you will be able to use their videos to help your friends out who are also running their own boards.
                              Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
                              Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

• aussiefooty
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 6.0.X

Originally posted by IB Adrian
                                Valid point - that is a separate... very loosely related item that we may or may not be working on.

Follow us on Twitter to find out.
                                How about you guys putting the links in your sigs. You have something along the lines of Vbulletin on twitter Vbulletin on facebook and vbulletin on youtube with the links falling under twitter, facebook and youtube.
                                then people will be able to follow you guys.
                                Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
                                Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...