Why is vbuleetin no longer supporting its users???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 10smom
    • May 2007
    • 4.0.x

Why is vbuleetin no longer supporting its users???

I have several question that have no response form vbulletin! why do you have a support forum if you are not going to support?
  • we_are_borg
    • Aug 2004
    • 4.2.X

Well if you stop kicking threads within 24 hours maybe some one will help you, staff explained in other threads they will do tickets first then forum that have zero responses after that they continue to look at other stuff.

Comment

• 10smom
      • May 2007
      • 4.0.x

UUMMMM If you look at the date of the thread I original posted it is in july. Never got a response . Created a new thread today and then did a search for support of question to low and behold find my Original thread from 3 months ago that never got a answer. Even after I replied again to please answer.

It is amazing that all of a sudden someone appears when there is a title that make vebulletin look bad. but you will not take the time to answer question that have been sitting there for 3 months!! I will have to remember this apparch for future support, and instead of saying "Please", to begin all threads with "Looking for Crap support" seems to work better.

Can you just answer my question now? You should know where to find it.
      Last edited by 10smom; Sun 7 Nov '10, 7:57am.

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

Support tickets are always answered first. Then, several of us do a search for unanswered questions on the forum and answer those. If you bump your own thread, it will not show up as an unanswered question any longer. Sometimes, we actually miss threads also because we get sidetracked (imagine that!).

And, I don't think starting your post with "Looking for Crap support" is going to get you much help either.
        Last edited by Lynne; Sun 7 Nov '10, 9:10am. Reason: misspelling

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• we_are_borg
          • Aug 2004
          • 4.2.X

Why should i answer the question it look more that you did not make any effort to resolve the issue our self and your tone well i don't like it. And yes i know the answer that could resolve this issue like many others here.

Comment

• feldon23
            • Nov 2001
            • 3.7.x

It's just a reality that if you want to guarantee a response to a Technical Support issue with vBulletin, you must open a support ticket. This was true in the old days, but most questions posted on the forums still got some kind of response. If not from a staff member, then from a motivated, helpful user. But with the introduction of vB4, your chance of getting a response on a forum thread is somewhere between slim and none. Staff have instructions to prioritize support tickets. And most of the helpful users have long since moved on.

Comment

• steven s
              • Jul 2004
              • 3.8.x

If the problem I need help on is important, I open a support ticket. The last support ticket was answered quickly.

If it can wait, I'll post something in the forum. Honestly, I rarely get help in the forums anymore.
              Those days are long gone. Sometimes I'll look for my own posts to bump, but have given up.
              ...steven
              www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
              bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
              "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

• Ace
                • Apr 2004
                • 4.2.X

Now that both of your threads have been answered, have you tried the solution?

(Noting of course, that you claim to have checked permissions, it might be a plugin causing it, so you would probably want to disable those if it still occurs.)
                My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
                vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                  Former Customer Support Manager
                  • Jul 2000

Originally posted by feldon23
                  Staff have instructions to prioritize support tickets. And most of the helpful users have long since moved on.
                  Just a point of clarification. Support tickets have ALWAYS been top priority, even in the good ol' Jelsoft days.

The difference has been the enormous number of tickets related to vB4 over that past year which has stretched our resources very thin. As a consequence, over the past year I personally have had almost no time for forum support and people like Wayne have been spending more and more time on documentation and other non-transparent activities. The good news is that this has changed dramatically with the latest versions of vB4 and the support tickets are now down to normal levels. This is why I have been able to spend more time on the forums as of late.

As for the original complaint, it's a valid one. That thread should have been answered. Unfortunately some things slip through the cracks and that is one that did. Although we will never be perfect, I do believe that forum support is now covered better than it has been since the initial vB4 release.
                  Last edited by Steve Machol; Sun 7 Nov '10, 9:08pm.
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Carlos 360
                    Banned
                    • May 2008
                    • 3.7.x

vbuleetin. Hilarious.

Comment

• TheLastSuperman
                      • Sep 2008

Someone post above ^ ???

I hear ya Steve!

To everyone else who did not know this or forgot... remember that vBulletin did give ticket support well past the timeframe specified for Forum Classic owners so one person becoming upset over an unseen/forgotten post instead of opening an actual ticket should not frown on vBulletin imo.

Some of you just need to let it be, move on and improve your communities instead of blah blah blah. It sounds like the parents and teachers on Charlie Brown around here 24/7 "Mwah Mwah mwuh, Mah Muhh mewm" but then again me stating such is another dead horse we need to let the dead horses lye and move on!

Edit: Shouldn't this have been in Licensed Customer Feedback? Far from a site suggestion imo.

Former vBulletin Support Staff
                      Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
                      Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

Comment

• feldon23
                        • Nov 2001
                        • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                        Just a point of clarification. Support tickets have ALWAYS been top priority, even in the good ol' Jelsoft days.

The difference has been the enormous number of tickets related to vB4 over that past year which has stretched our resources very thin. As a consequence, over the past year I personally have had almost no time for forum support and people like Wayne have been spending more and more time on documentation and other non-transparent activities. The good news is that this has changed dramatically with the latest versions of vB4 and the support tickets are now down to normal levels. This is why I have been able to spend more time on the forums as of late.

As for the original complaint, it's a valid one. That thread should have been answered. Unfortunately some things slip through the cracks and that is one that did. Although we will never be perfect, I do believe that forum support is now covered better than it has been since the initial vB4 release.
                        I fully understand that you guys have been swamped over vB4 and complaints/concerns over the license changes, as you predicted. I'm also glad that 4.0.7/4.0.8 is stable enough that you aren't buried in support tickets.

Comment

• MRGTB
                          • May 2005

Originally posted by 10smom
                          I have several question that have no response form vbulletin! why do you have a support forum if you are not going to support?
                          It's pretty obvious why your not going to get much support on the forums like before these days. There is now paid support in place since IB took over the band-wagon show, meaning the staff will have no doubt been instructed to try and talk customers into putting a support ticket forward (paid support) first, and will be much less inclined to answer them for free on the forums now. But that's to be expected, I'm not complaining about that! That's just another part of IB's revenue stream.

Members (customers) here used to offer a lot of free support on the forum "back in the old Jelsoft days" that took a lot of weight of the staff, before paid support came along. But so much has changed here since, along with many experienced vBulletin people leaving. That it just doesn't happen anymore like before. And to be honest, that was a big part of what made this community so great and encouraged many people to start using vBulletin. Knowing as a novice, if they was stuck help was always readily available from other experienced members here.

Things like that, did set this forum apart from the IPB forums. Now they have no edge over them in that respect.
                          Last edited by MRGTB; Tue 9 Nov '10, 3:42am.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                            Former Customer Support Manager
                            • Jul 2000

Originally posted by MRGTB
                            It's pretty obvious why your not going to get much support on the forums like before these days. There is now paid support in place since IB took over the band-wagon show, meaning the staff will have no doubt been instructed to try and talk customers into putting a support ticket forward (paid support) first, and will be much less inclined to answer them for free on the forums now. But that's to be expected, I'm not complaining about that! That's just another part of IB's revenue stream.
                            For the record, I can assure you that this is not the case. My previous reply is still accurate. All you have to do is look at the responses in the troubleshooting forums lately to debunk this.
                            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Loco.M
                              • Mar 2005
                              • 3.5.x

I don't think I've ever had a question in the forums go with no replies...
                              I have used the support system as well and been happy with it.

maybe I'm just a "lucky" one..lol
                              -- Web Developer for hire
                              ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...