What is the current vBulletin version now running?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jose Amaral Rego
    • Feb 2005
    • 1.1.x

What is the current vBulletin version now running?

Wanted to know this, as I find it hard to tell which (Sprint ?) is vBulletin currently on at this moment. I went though tracker as it seems say in some issues that it maybe 4.0.9 Sprint 2.
  • we_are_borg
    • Aug 2004
    • 4.2.X

According to Darkshanron it's running 4.0.9 Sprint 1.

Originally posted by Darkshenron
    The 4.0.9 build running here is 4.0.9 Sprint 1, yes.
    Issues Approved on Staging are usually tested in the QA area, because new builds are deployed there every day, so it's the only place that is almost always up to date with the latest builds (so, with the latest fixes).

The team working on the iPhone App is a separate team that has nothing to do with developing the core vBulletin product. And anyway the issues you mention have been fixed, it's just that those fixes are in a different 4.0.9 branch (Sprint 3 if you look at the tracker).

Comment

• Talking Football
      • Nov 2010

If you are a few versions behind. Do you have to upgrade one versions at a time or can you move straight to this version.

Comment

• we_are_borg
        • Aug 2004
        • 4.2.X

If you run version 4.02. for example and want to run 4.0.8 you can download the latest version and the upgrade script will alter accordingly the database. For every upgrade make sure that you make a backup of all files and databases before you try to upgrade even better do a few tests before upgrading if you use windows download WAMP and install and then run vBulletin at home you can then use the backup of your site on your home pc and test a few times. You are also allowed to make a test install on your server that is protected for all other people.

Comment

• beishe8
          • Oct 2005
          • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Talking Football
          If you are a few versions behind. Do you have to upgrade one versions at a time or can you move straight to this version.
          yoursite.com/yourforum/install/upgrade.php

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• MRGTB
            • May 2005

Originally posted by Jose Amaral Rego
            Wanted to know this, as I find it hard to tell which (Sprint ?) is vBulletin currently on at this moment. I went though tracker as it seems say in some issues that it maybe 4.0.9 Sprint 2.
            Don't think they are running Sprint 2 version. I think the new editor will come with that one, and I don't see that new editor here yet.

Comment

• we_are_borg
              • Aug 2004
              • 4.2.X

It's Sprint 1 that vBulletin.com is running.

Comment

• Carlos 360
                Banned
                • May 2008
                • 3.7.x

Pardon me, what the heck.....is "Sprint"?

pre-alpha, or something?

Comment

• we_are_borg
                  • Aug 2004
                  • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Carlos 360
                  Pardon me, what the heck.....is "Sprint"?

pre-alpha, or something?
                  The sprint backlog is the list of work the team must address during the next sprint. Features are broken down into tasks, which, as a best practice, should normally be between four and sixteen hours of work. With this level of detail the whole team understands exactly what to do, and potentially, anyone can pick a task from the list. Tasks on the sprint backlog are never assigned; rather, tasks are signed up for by the team members as needed, according to the set priority and the team member skills. This promotes self-organization of the team, and developer buy-in.
                  The sprint backlog is the property of the team, and all included estimates are provided by the Team. Often an accompanying task board is used to see and change the state of the tasks of the current sprint, like “to do”, “in progress” and “done”.

Comment

• Paul M
                    Former Lead Developer
                    vB.Com & vB.Org
                    • Sep 2004

Im going to guess you copied that from somewhere ?
                    Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• we_are_borg
                      • Aug 2004
                      • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Paul M
                      Im going to guess you copied that from somewhere ?
                      Of course i copied it, i can't write like that and if i tried to explain it in my own writing people will get confused.

Comment