X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • slinky
    • Mar 2001
    • 1.1.x

Problems with vbulletin.org

Is it just me or are other people having problems and finding out that all sorts of user registration gymnastics does not work? I tried sending a message to the webmaster but nothing has worked. I enjoyed things when it was simple...

The problems:
    I originally could not create an account for the name "slinky" like I have here. I thought it was created by me and used it prior but it was not listed in the user directory and trying to create a new identity doesn't work. Now it does exist, I am officially logged in but have no access like I should have and believe I did have long ago.
    Trying to download I get the "You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:" and try to edit the form. The form gets me to the vbulletin.com download access page where I enter my user # and password and have my user name listed properly. Creating a new user name gives me another error and doesn't work. Besides, my user name should work properly.

I can go on and on about how creating a new identity (I did create slinky00 which has disappeared somehow) and which never worked with the various PHP forms that popped up with every additional restriction but you got the point. I'm stuck and haven't had access for a long time and ended up getting the hacks second hand... not fun. Thanks.
    Last edited by slinky; Tue 1 Jan '02, 5:01pm.
    My law forum, lawyers and legal help site
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

I am sorry you are having problems. However vBulletin.org is only loosely associated with vBulletin.com and is run by different administrators. This really needs to be brought up on their forums.

I doubt the license verification method will change in the future except to change bugs.

From what I understand you need to do things in a particular order to get download privileges.. These are:

1) Register.
    2) Activate Your Registration from the email link.
    3) Fill in the form within the vBulletin Member's Area.

Performing these actions out of that sequence will prevent your ability to download.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• samtha25
      • Feb 2001

You're not alone, slinky. I went around the same circles. I finally manged to get authenticated or whatever. The trick was to register with same name and e-mail address as used here, confirm via the e-mail, then go to:

http:/www.vbulletin.com/members/vbulletin.org.php

That popped up the box for entering your official vbulletin customer name and number - same ones as for accessing the members area. Then, I got the same page as for registering as a licensed member here, but my usernames were not filled in. I entered the username that I use on the boards (not my customer ID) and it worked.

One time I made the mistake of using the email address that I use for my license, instead of the throw-away that I use to post on the forums. After that, I got into some kind of loop, where I kept getting a wrong password error.

HTH.

Comment

• Chen
        • Jun 2001

Originally posted by samtha25
        You're not alone, slinky. I went around the same circles. I finally manged to get authenticated or whatever. The trick was to register with same name and e-mail address as used here, confirm via the e-mail, then go to:

http:/www.vbulletin.com/members/vbulletin.org.php
        That's not a "trick", that's exactly what you need to do.

slinky, I've just marked your account as licensed. Sorry for inconvenience.
        Chen Avinadav
        Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

• slinky
          • Mar 2001
          • 1.1.x

Thanks -- I did exactly what Samtha25 said except it didn't work for me and I ended up going through circles. Creating a new account should work in theory because you get sent to the vbulletin registration page here at vbulletin.com where you can enter "screen names" that are registered. I appreciate your comment wluke, but this is very misleading to the average person since it seems that the two are linked.

Thanks for taking care of this. In the future may I suggest implementing an easier way of dealing with this problem as one does exist.

Comment

• Chen
            • Jun 2001

Just for the record, the only difference between the registration at vB.org and here at vB.com, is that you need to use the same e-mail the username is associated with here.
            That's really all.
            Chen Avinadav
            Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

• slinky
              • Mar 2001
              • 1.1.x

Originally posted by FireFly
              Just for the record, the only difference between the registration at vB.org and here at vB.com, is that you need to use the same e-mail the username is associated with here.
              That's really all.
              That's odd... it is and was the same as far as I know. This should be made very clear in the registration process. When I had the original problem I tried to use my user name (slinky) but was told that it was unavailable or taken yet it did not appear in the member directory. I created a new identity (slinky00) which no longer appears in the member directory although my current one does (slinky) now. Odd... thanks

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...