X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alfa1
    • Dec 2005
    • 3.8.x

A 'suggestions' tab in the navigation linking to this:

Please add a 'Suggestions' tab to the main navigation tabs, and link it to this overview of new suggestions: Suggestion Dashboard expanded or to something similar.

It could also be considered to add a linked subforum, to the closed suggestions forum.

It would increase involvement in the suggestions process.
    I buy 420 forums
  • interfx
    • Dec 2001
    • 4.2.X

Great suggestion, your direct link the JIRA suggestions page would be very helpful for all of us. I'm actually surprised by the lack of votes in general... I'm adding my comments into some of the less voted items...

Comment

• Lynne
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Oct 2004

I like this idea, but I don't know if they want to add more tabs to the navbar. Perhaps at least a link in the Jira submenu would be a good idea though. If Suggestions are to now be put in Jira, I think this needs a bit more exposure and it needs to be easier to find and manage.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Alfa1
        • Dec 2005
        • 3.8.x

A link in the Jira submenu would help, but most people will not visit Jira, unless they need to submit a bug. Its way too confusing to go find something in Jira, unless you have found your way around. The suggestions tracker needs to be promoted on the rest of the site.
        I buy 420 forums

Comment

• Riasat
          • Aug 2006

Tab wont help.
          This please: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-9659

Comment

• Alfa1
            • Dec 2005
            • 3.8.x

That too.
            I buy 420 forums

Comment

• Wayne Luke
              vBulletin Technical Support Lead
              • Aug 2000

You can mark it as a favorite for your dashboards. Then click the down arrow next to dashboards in JIRA and select manage dashboards. From there you can select the dashboards that appear as vertical tabs within JIRA for easy selection. For instance, I have a choice of three dashboards. They are they system, suggestions and a bug tracking one. You can even set the suggestions dashboard as your primary so it appears when you enter the tracker.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Alfa1
                • Dec 2005
                • 3.8.x

I have done that. This request is not for me. The aim of this request is to increase the involvement of people in the suggestions and add visibility of suggestions.
                I buy 420 forums

Comment

• Carnage-
                  • Jan 2005
                  • 3.8.x

Linking the old suggestions forum to the suggestions dashboard would be a good start surely.
                  Some of my Mods:
                  Advanced IP Ban Manager (vb3.6+ version) - Fine grained control over blocking trouble makers.
                  Advanced IP Ban Manager (vb4 version) - Fine grained control over blocking trouble makers.
                  Use Original thread for Comments - Uses the original thread for comments for any forum threads promoted to CMS articles.
                  Custom Friendly Urls - Allows customisation of forum urls from the admin CP.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...