Internet Brands Inc to be acquired by Hellman & Friedman Stockholders for $640million

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Reeve of Shinra
    • Sep 2001

Originally posted by feldon23
    Read my body of posts -- they speak for themselves. Also.
    Oh snap, I'm right behind Feldon!!

Incidentally, most of my rep comes from the comments where I've held IB accountable for the issues.
    Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

• Abomination
      • Jul 2008

At least 1 surprising person on that page. In addition it seems several have last visited in 1969.

Comment

• Shamil.
        • Feb 2008
        • 4.2.X

Ok, this is a bug. For your information, the bug report is here: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-7515
        Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
        VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
        vBulletin Hosting and Services
        Server / Website Consultation

Comment

• Paul M
          Former Lead Developer
          vB.Com & vB.Org
          • Sep 2004

I dont think thats the right bug you linked to there ....
          Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• Regs
            • May 2001
            • 4.2.X

Any reputation you built up here in the past gets thrown out the window when you insinuate that people creating positivity (Fabian) are using smoke and mirrors (for lack of a better term).

Maybe it's just me but I find that somewhat in poor taste.

Comment

• compwhizii
              • Jul 2009
              • 4.0.x

Well someone is on their high horse.

Comment

• feldon23
                • Nov 2001
                • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Regs
                Any reputation you built up here in the past gets thrown out the window when you insinuate that people creating positivity (Fabian) are using smoke and mirrors (for lack of a better term).
                So you will accept any banging-the-drum which seems to be in a positive direction, and attack anyone with doubts? Smoke and mirrors can come from anywhere. You're putting up Fabian as a hero. I don't. It's as simple as that. I judge by actions, not words.

Originally posted by compwhizii
                Well someone is on their high horse.
                Normally I do not draw attention to myself, but I was asked to state why my posts should have any weight.

Comment

• Shamil.
                  • Feb 2008
                  • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Paul M
                  I dont think thats the right bug you linked to there ....
                  Whoops, that wasn't even meant to be in this thread :/
                  Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
                  VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
                  vBulletin Hosting and Services
                  Server / Website Consultation

Comment

• Ryan Ashbrook
                    • May 2003

Normally I do not draw attention to myself, but I was asked to state why my posts should have any weight.
                    You don't have to justify why your posts hold weight, considering it's your opinion.

I could post that the acquisition would bring the second coming of Jesus Christ and not have to justify it. Sure, I'd sound like a lunatic, but it's my opinion, so I don't have to justify it to anyone.
                    Ryan Ashbrook - My Blog - My Twitter

Comment

• Regs
                      • May 2001
                      • 4.2.X

Not only that, but I don't recall anyone asking to him to state anything about himself or his posts.

Somehow, he offered that up on his own in an attempt to justify a poke at someone else, someone he's never met.

Comment

• Bram
                        • May 2007

Originally posted by IB Adrian
                        Thats the way business works... if they sell it with a big profit, obviously the people who have purchased it feel that they have added a lot of value to the business
                        Tell me please what you guys have added the last year? I don't see it. I never had so much problems with my vbulletin as the last six months and things aren't exactly going much better. The previous company that owned vbulletin was not only here for the dollars buddy, there was a high level of love for their product i sensed. Love seems far gone at this point.

Comment

• Michael2
                          • Oct 2001
                          • 3.8.x

I agree. As I just posted in another thread I feel IB has lost the last year of development fixing the bugs in the "gold" version of vBulletin.
                          I don't care what's coming because I won't believe it until I see it. All I know is in the last year I've seen jack.
                          HBO Forum - Discuss Game of Thrones, True Blood, Big Love, Boardwalk Empire, and more!
                          Disney Forums - Disney theme parks, vacation, entertainment, and more!
                          iLoveTalk - Our general discussion forum.
                          VeggieBoards - The largest and most active vegetarian forum!

Comment

• feldon23
                            • Nov 2001
                            • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Regs
                            Not only that, but I don't recall anyone asking to him to state anything about himself or his posts.
                            I don't need your permission to post, and vice versa. If you don't like my posts, use Ignore, or Report. I'm not going 10 rounds with you in this thread over who has the right to post what, where.

Comment

• Regs
                              • May 2001
                              • 4.2.X

My comment concerned that quote right there. My point being no one did any such thing.

Similarly, no one said anything about your right to post.

Don't worry though, it's probably just me.

Comment

• Carlos 360
                                Banned
                                • May 2008
                                • 3.7.x

I think this topic has spiraled out of control. It shouldn't have.

I have seen this topic spiral out of control at xenforo. People think that iB being owned by a private equity firm is bad for business, the truth is, its what they've been at the inception of iB.

I don't see this acquisition and merger as earth-shattering as the acquisition of vB by Internet Brands. Both situations are different.

Yes, I am saying that people are overreacting to this.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...