Internet Brands Inc to be acquired by Hellman & Friedman Stockholders for $640million

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Robbiefritz
    • Oct 2008
    • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Mark.B
    From my perspective, I'd like to see Adrian and Fabian remain as progress is actually being made.

Nothing will change for a while but you can bet things will change in the medium term. Hopefully Adrian and Fabian will still be in charge after that, I do think they are setting vB back on the right path and I'm actually looking forward to seeing 4.1, whereas I was dreading 4.0. That in itself has to be significant progress!
    Agree
    [URL="http://unified4change.com"]unified4change.com[/URL="http://unified4change.com"]|[URL="http://allthingsgermany.com"]AllThingsGermany.com[/URL="http://allthingsgermany.com"]|[URL="http://beergodsgarage.com"]BeergodsGarage.com[/URL="http://beergodsgarage.com"]

Comment

• Boofo
      • Apr 2002
      • 4.1.x

Originally posted by c0bra
      I love a bad analogy. So let's take a rock band with original members who have a string of number one hits and sell out world tours. Suddenly the song writer, lead guitarist and drummer all decide they have had enough and quit the band. The lead singer wants to carry on so finds himself a bunch of new musicians to continue performing and releasing new music. Those new musicians may all know how to hold a musical instrument, write lyrics and perform in front of a audience, but it's never quite the same again. The chemistry just isn't there. The popularity of the group wanes, the new music is nowhere near as good, and their biggest fans pine for the days when the original bandmates were all together.

I think the analogy works reasonably well. In the same way as those new musicians could play the same instruments as the old band members who quit, new coders will be found who know as much, if not more, about coding in PHP as the original Jelsoft development team. But will they ever gel together as a team as well as the original Jelsoft development team? It's very difficult.
      Apparently you're not old enough to remember the Classic rock days where some band members went on to better groups that did exceptionally well with new members. Do Eric Clapton and Jack Bruce, to name just 2, ring a bell?
      vBulletin - Sometimes, I'm just like, Wow, and then I'm like, Whoa, and then I'm like, Damn.

vBulletin.org's ol' Moderator

I have a lifetime terrorist hunting permit - #091101

chmod a+x /bin/laden -- Allows anyone the permission to execute /bin/laden

Comment

• Boofo
        • Apr 2002
        • 4.1.x

Originally posted by IB Adrian
        No - the same staff (management and development) will be around.
        Isn't that basically the same thing that IB said when they bought out Jelsoft?
        vBulletin - Sometimes, I'm just like, Wow, and then I'm like, Whoa, and then I'm like, Damn.

Comment

• Shamil.
          • Feb 2008
          • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Boofo
          I don't think they did say that.
          Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
          VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
          vBulletin Hosting and Services
          Server / Website Consultation

Comment

• Boofo
            • Apr 2002
            • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
            Not me, although I now wish I had purchase some stock.
            And here I was riding your coattails waiting for the big payoff. Sheesh... Boy, is my face red.

Comment

• Boofo
              • Apr 2002
              • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Mark.B
              Being young doesn't have to mean lack of business experience. I work for a top blue chip company, which is a major Microsoft partner, I drive all over the UK meeting business clients at the top of many companies, large and small.
              Yes, but if you don't get the pizza there in 30 minutes, do they still have to pay for it?

Comment

• Shamil.
                • Feb 2008
                • 4.2.X

Yes, but if you don't get the pizza there in 30 minutes, do they still have to pay for it?
                Definitely yes. Businesses here don't specify time amounts.

Comment

• Boofo
                  • Apr 2002
                  • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Shamil.
                  Think again.

Comment

• AlexanderT
                    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Shamil.
                    From here:

We are pleased to announce that Jelsoft Enterprises Limited has been acquired by Internet Brands [...] you will begin to see noticeable changes and improvements that are made possible by being part of a larger organisation [...] The day-to-day management of Jelsoft will continue largely unchanged. I will continue as Managing Director and CEO of Jelsoft, working alongside the executive team at Internet Brands.
                    And here

Jelsoft will continue to exist as a stand-alone company. All Jelsoft staff, including management, will remain the same, and the headquarters will continue to be in the UK.
                    Nuff said.

Comment

• Shamil.
                      • Feb 2008
                      • 4.2.X

Originally posted by AlexanderT
                      From here:

And here

Nuff said.
                      I expect, and my interpretation, is that this lot wouldn't occur to Jelsoft - which it didn't. However, these are happening under vBulletin Solutions.

Comment

• Paul M
                        Former Lead Developer
                        vB.Com & vB.Org
                        • Sep 2004

Both statements were correct at the time.

Everyone once knew the world was flat. Things change over time.
                        Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• Boofo
                          • Apr 2002
                          • 4.1.x

Thank you for verifying that.

Comment

• AlexanderT
                            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Paul M
                            Both statements were correct at the time.
                            Yes, of course... let's just treat time as an infinitesimally small interval because that's what's really relevant to vBulletin users. What James said was meant to soothe customers' concerns about the future of vBulletin - not its status quo.

James said that the company and the management of Jelsoft would remain unaffected by the acquisition through IB. I maintain that this statement was false based on everything that occurred afterwards. Adrian is now repeating the same sentiment by saying that "changes to our shareholders, and the Board of Directors that represent them does not have a direct impact on vBulletin's development or policies, nor does it have a direct impact on vBulletin staffing". Why should Adrian be any more right than James?

Comment

• Steve Machol
                              Former Customer Support Manager
                              • Jul 2000

I hope people realize that even without this acquisition change could still happen. In fact, you can make the case that change is inevitable eventually.
                              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Shamil.
                                • Feb 2008
                                • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                                I hope people realize that even without this acquisition change could still happen. In fact, you can make the case that change is inevitable eventually.
                                Heck, you're still here

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...