X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • starmike
    • Jul 2010
    • 3.8.x

Better way to change our email address?

I'm moving away from my current ISP and have to change my email address. The problem is that instead of simply changing my email address, I have to put in a support ticket. The support ticket asks for my account number. Well, if I'm already logged into the system, why is it asking me for my account number?? It's also asking me for my secret answer.

Guys, I just want to change my contact email address. Why are you making it so complicated? There shouldn't be all these transactions for something so simple, and the information's redundant. My credit card company doesn't even ask for so much info.

Once I'm logged in to my OWN ACCOUNT, I should be able to edit my contact info on my own.

EDIT: and if anyone's wondering, they don't tell you that you need to enter this info until AFTER you submit the ticket the first time *facepalm*
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

We used to have it that way, but because so many customers were careless and allowed other people access to their accounts, we were deluged with tickets from people who had their accounts stolen from them by 'friends'. We do not like having to take on the extra work, but this was a necessary step in order to protect customers from this type of occurence.

Also just because you are logged into the Admin CP does not mean you knwo the customer number. If a friend accessed your computer while you were logged in (which does happen) then your account could be stolen from you without your knowledge. If did happen.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...