X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wcguy
    • Mar 2009
    • 3.8.x

No way to view the most recent article posted by Allen Lin

Yes, Yes, I know it's a feature, and not a bug, I've posted about this for quite a few times.....

But, this is more insidious, and different.

What's new shows us this new article, which has only two views, and one reply....

Click image for larger version

Name:	tracker.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	3718241

I have clicked and clicked and searched and typed and could not find this article ANYWHERE in the CMS.

So either it is not showing up for some permission reason (IE mods only), or the CMS has no way to show any more articles or it is assigned to a section that doesn't exist or or or or....

What's up?
  • Yves R.
    vBulletin QA
    • Nov 2003
    • 5.6.X

For bug scrubbers only

An issue was already created for this type of bug, should be fixed in a future release (can't find the bug :/).
    Last edited by Yves R.; Fri 9 Jul '10, 3:18pm.

vBulletin QA - vBulletin Support French - Lead Project Tools developer

Next release? Soon(tm)

Comment

• Floris
      • Dec 2001

The search permissions etc clearly show I have permission.

If it is private, dont' show to others. I consider this a security issue. What if you'd run this on your business site and you make a title for your staff saying "99% coupon code bug, dont share with public' .. you're fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked.

Comment

• wcguy
        • Mar 2009
        • 3.8.x

I concur with floris. The first bug, not being able to access articles from the forum, is new 4.0.4 "functionality", and hopefully will be quashed in 4.0.5.

However, Private Articles showing up in a search is a serious problem in and of itself and unacceptable.

Imagine the moderators posting an article like, "How to ignore turds like WCGuy", or "Drug deals gone bad"......

Not good, not good at all.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...