Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

Article comments in search

Why when you're on the forum are the comments from articles in the search results, but when clicking on them you get permission denied?

Sounds quite illogical to me.

• Alien
    • Jul 2000

Happens here as well...
    -Jason / WTF.com

"I think I've been quite clear that the new style will be in vB4." - Allen Lin / February 16, 2012

Comment

• wcguy
      • Mar 2009
      • 3.8.x

I posted a FAQ this morning , 7-08-10, that would have answered your question, but I guess vbulletin didn't like it. It has been deleted.

I would suggest that you use the search to find your answer looking for one of my posts, but ah, you wouldn't be able to find anything, because search doesn't work when you use it with member name, unless, of course you know the super secret, methodology...........

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...ghlight=search

Your answer about CMS permission errors is in this thread......

When a certain member usergroup tries to read the latest replies in the vbcms comments they get an error stating they don't have permission but in the CMS permissions they have permission to post reply there?

Since vbulletin doesn't want this info in a FAQ, I guess, I'll just keep copying and pasting this post for you folks...........

Comment

• Floris
        • Dec 2001

I posted a FAQ this mornin
        Sorry, usually what you post is provocative or just wrong and I tend to not read it, especially after you have been jumping on me up and down claiming I am this and that and what not. I missed what you wrote. And there's no use searching for common words, vB blocks those. I am not going to play a guessing game trying to figure out which ones work or not. The first link in your above post doesn't work btw.

Comment

• KevinL
          • Apr 2005
          • 3.8.x

I am pretty sure it is a bug and not by design. It broke last update. At least that's what I read around here some where...

It is giving you results from the actual forum...even though no one has permissions to it..
          HostAtom.net - Forum Hosting at it's best! Email [email protected] and find out more!
          Cpanel, Softaculous, LiteSpeed, CloudLinux, Daily R1Soft backups, 24x7 Server monitoring

Comment

• wcguy
            • Mar 2009
            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Floris
            Sorry, usually what you post is provocative or just wrong and I tend to not read it, especially after you have been jumping on me up and down claiming I am this and that and what not. I missed what you wrote. And there's no use searching for common words, vB blocks those. I am not going to play a guessing game trying to figure out which ones work or not. The first link in your above post doesn't work btw.
            No worries. I usually don't read what I write either. And the link is broken, as it turns out, because copy and paste doesn't work too well in vbulletin either.

I won't bore you with the correct thread, as you probably wouldn't like my style teaching you how to use vbulletin 4.0.

Never mind that link, it only tells you how to search, since vbulletin default search doesn't work as expected. So your statement, "vblocks those", is wrong too. VB only THINKS they block them. But digital point proved that they ARE indexing 3letter words. You just have to know how to fix their error to search for any 3 letter word. and not through google.

But hey, with 37,000 posts you deserve not to read other folks stuff. It should come through osmosis.

Yet, if you had read the second link, that would have answered your question.

I don't recall how I pissed you off, but if you were the forum administrator who i flamed because they don't read the thread they posted in, you just proved it again, twice, in one post.....

Ha ha ha ha

(chill brother, it's the internets.) Laugh out loud. It's your only defense against the madness.

Comment

• wcguy
              • Mar 2009
              • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Floris Signature......
              The above post is made by me under the influence of despair(pun),
              as an observation or explanation,
              in my personal opinion,
              and as a customer running 20+ vBulletin forum license type 3 powered sites,
              and it means nothing.
              Don't get too upset over it,
              this is the Internet,
              and we're both human and all I apply is common sense.

Hey tried to PM you to make peace, but you've turned off PMs or have me on ignore.

ROFL - I'm dying laughing here....

Comment

• Floris
                • Dec 2001

Thank gawd for turning off PM yesterday; laughing at my signature, omg, it is that idiotic behavior of yours that makes me glad you can't PM me.

Comment

• Chuta
                  • May 2009

Originally posted by wcguy
                  Hey tried to PM you to make peace, but you've turned off PMs or have me on ignore.

ROFL - I'm dying laughing here....
                  Lol

Well... coming back to the topic, I'm able to reproduce the hmmm bug?.
                  Andrés Durán Hewitt

Comment

• wcguy
                    • Mar 2009
                    • 3.8.x

Well chuta, this long thread, referenced above......

When a certain member usergroup tries to read the latest replies in the vbcms comments they get an error stating they don't have permission but in the CMS permissions they have permission to post reply there?

Not only describes the "feature", but a hack on how to unfix the fix that 4.0.4 introduced, as well as the backstory of why it exists, and how vbulletin 4.X has a fundamental design flaw that will continue to throw out bugs that will never be able to be squashed to an acceptable level.

Comment