X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Removed-836727
    Banned by User Request
    • Apr 2006

Interview with Adrian

Because you love interviews, and (imo) ignore many questions in other threads, here are now my questions...... (Just ignore the pseudointerview in the other thread, it was just a joke )

For the ambiance: We're sitting in an cocktailbar at the beach
    1. What went wrong with 4.0.4?? Why there was no 4.0.4.1 after you realiced that 4.0.4 forum (not suite!) was not working? There is just a thread with file edits were customers have to do it themself...
      I really thought that vbs learned from the blame of 4.0.0 and the first version of vb3.8.x under development of IB.
      Everybody said, this were "beginner problems", now a half year later this can't be a excuse anymore!
    2. Are there any news about the new "add-ons" ??? If you check some threads, you'll see that the customers are "scared" because they don't know what's now happening / if they have to pay extra for "in-house vB4 add-ons"
    3. If you check the blog from invisionpower, are you getting scared?
      I would be, if i would see that they have a working modern "framework" and they can now build many great new add-ons for it...
    4. What's with the refactoring of the "old" forum code? Will this ever happen?
    5. What's with the new and better suggestion / communication system?
      Also you wrote that my idea with the change history is nice and you like it, are there any plans?:
      IMO We still have no two way communication!

Questions from Floris:
    Here are my questions, from Floris and the team at http://vbfans.com

1 - You are now a known figure in the vBulletin.com community by now, but how did you end up there, and how is the progress of learning and understanding vBulletin and it's customer (base) community?
    2 - Since your arrival, quite a bit of customer feedback has been processed, and in my opinion, some for the positive, what's the current thing you're fighting for to get addressed?
    3 - Are you also working on any other projects besides IB's product vBulletin? (And if so, which?)
    4 - Do you run any vBulletin powered communities yourself, and if so, are they running vBulletin 4.0? If not, what's the reason for not upgrading if you don't mind me asking?
    5 - What are (some of) your favorite web sites that you visit daily?
    6 - What is your favorite part of your job with InternetBrands?
    7 - Who is the current business manager and/or project manager with vBulletin Solutions Inc?
    8 - How has vBulletin.com changed in recent months, and what's next?
    9 - How have online Communities evolved? Are they important? And how do you think online Communities will evolve over the next 5 - 10 years?
    10 - How has acquiring the vBulletin product affected the 100+ communities (subsidiaries) run by InternetBrands.com?
    11 - And with vBulletin 4.1 coming closer and closer, I can't resist but ask: Got any inside info? Any news we don't know yet about this new product that's in development?
    12 - Anything else you wish to share?

Thank you for giving us some of your time.
    Looking forward to your answers, and this interview being published in the announcement forum with the rest.
    Last edited by Removed-836727; Sat 3 Jul '10, 11:36am.
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

Here are my questions, from Floris and the team at http://vbfans.com

1 - You are now a known figure in the vBulletin.com community by now, but how did you end up there, and how is the progress of learning and understanding vBulletin and it's customer (base) community?
    2 - Since your arrival, quite a bit of customer feedback has been processed, and in my opinion, some for the positive, what's the current thing you're fighting for to get addressed?
    3 - Are you also working on any other projects besides IB's product vBulletin? (And if so, which?)
    4 - Do you run any vBulletin powered communities yourself, and if so, are they running vBulletin 4.0? If not, what's the reason for not upgrading if you don't mind me asking?
    5 - What are (some of) your favorite web sites that you visit daily?
    6 - What is your favorite part of your job with InternetBrands?
    7 - Who is the current business manager and/or project manager with vBulletin Solutions Inc?
    8 - How has vBulletin.com changed in recent months, and what's next?
    9 - How have online Communities evolved? Are they important? And how do you think online Communities will evolve over the next 5 - 10 years?
    10 - How has acquiring the vBulletin product affected the 100+ communities (subsidiaries) run by InternetBrands.com?
    11 - And with vBulletin 4.1 coming closer and closer, I can't resist but ask: Got any inside info? Any news we don't know yet about this new product that's in development?
    12 - Anything else you wish to share?

Thank you for giving us some of your time.
    Looking forward to your answers, and this interview being published in the announcement forum with the rest.

Comment

• kyrgyz
      • Oct 2007

My question:

Are there discussions and plans within vBulletin Solutions Inc to bring Kier back as a general manager/co-manager?

Comment

• Floris
        • Dec 2001

kyrgyz: I think it's safe to say: No. I don't know why Kier and his team would want to come back. Scott works at Facebook, etc. People moving on doing what they love.

Comment

• Ace
          • Apr 2004
          • 4.2.X

What happened to the other "Questions for Adrian" thread?
          My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
          vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• Removed-836727
            Banned by User Request
            • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Ace
            What happened to the other "Questions for Adrian" thread?
            Nothing, it still exists, but because there's so IMHO so much spam and i didn't find any answers to my questions and i saw that adrian loves interviews, i thought that i had to start my own.

And the others just "hijacked" my thread, but it's ok for me.
            I still hope to get some answers here

Comment

• Removed-836727
              Banned by User Request
              • Apr 2006

*bump*

So one week is over and still no answers

Maybe it's something for the x-files???
              Mulder and scully pls help us

Comment

• Alfa1
                • Dec 2005
                • 3.8.x

File a support ticket and ask for an interview trough the official way.
                I buy 420 forums

Comment

• Floris
                  • Dec 2001

There is no policy about interviews, this is my way of contributing and asking. I don't see anything wrong with that

Comment

• smiggy
                    • Jul 2007
                    • 3.8.x

I have a question.

Does IB really aniticipate for 3.x users to cough out with 30 quid to gain access to 3.8.6 which, only fixes 10 bugs, LOL?

Comment

• Floris
                      • Dec 2001

Smiggy, a lot of customers have asked for a renewal option for just 3.x branch. They got what they wanted. If you don't want it or need it; don't take the offer?

I remember paying $30 for 12 months, I am certainly not going to pay $50 for only 3 months. And I think a handful of bug fixes just doesn't justify it.

But if I have a 3.0 license that has expired, and i want 3.8.6, this is a very cheap option to grab that .zip.

Comment

• smiggy
                        • Jul 2007
                        • 3.8.x

Floris, everyone's case is different, I accept that.

You're right though a handful of bug fixes doesn't cut it by a mile. It's barming.

Ah well!

Comment

• slinky
                          • Mar 2001
                          • 1.1.x

Originally posted by kyrgyz
                          Are there discussions and plans within vBulletin Solutions Inc to bring Kier back as a general manager/co-manager?
                          I vote to bring back Ray Morgan.
                          My law forum, lawyers and legal help site

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...