X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DR1NSANE
    • Jun 2010

AGN website

In reference to website <<Removed>>

Just yesterday I was attempting to leave this site due to problems with the Admin. As I proceeded to ask them to remove me, i recieved an email. This email contained a virus that was meant to harm or try and recieve vital information reguarding my bank account info/etc. I have reported it to the local authorities in the event that it is fraud. Im not sure if you all allow such members to use your services as such, but I do believe that it isn't recommended. I have posted below a screenshot of the email and the virus that was sent with the subject of AGN. This must stop. There are three other people that have left due to the same exact reason. This is unexceptable that they are using your services to commit these crimes. Please look into it and deal with it accordingly, as i feel that they are trying gain access to my personal information. Thanks

Screenshot of the Virus.

Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

Here is a copy of the information after the website was reported
    Complaint Referral Form

Internet Crime Complaint Center

Thank you for filing a complaint with the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3).

Your complaint has been submitted. Once processed by the IC3, you will be sent an email containing your complaint id and password to be used for future contacts with the IC3. This process can take several hours.

The IC3's mission is to serve as a vehicle to receive, develop, and refer criminal complaints regarding the rapidly expanding arena of cyber crime. The IC3 aims to give the victims of cyber crime a convenient and easy-to-use reporting mechanism. If you have comments or problems related to the IC3 website, please contact us.
    Complaint Status

The IC3 receives thousands of complaints each month and does not have the resources to respond to inquiries regarding the status of complaints. It is the IC3's intention to review all complaints and refer them to law enforcement and regulatory agencies having jurisdiction. Ultimately, investigation and prosecution are at the discretion of the receiving agencies.
    Evidence

It is important that you maintain any evidence you may have relating to your complaint. Evidence may include canceled checks, credit card receipts, phone bills, mailing envelopes, mail receipts, a printed copy of a website, copies of emails, or similar items. Please keep the items in a safe location, in case you are requested to provide them for investigative purposes.
    Last edited by Wayne Luke; Fri 25 Jun '10, 11:28am.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

That is not our site. We do not run it, host it, or control it in anyway. That is simply one of thousands of sites that is using our vBulletin software. As long as they do not violate the license agreement, there is nothing we can do. You can view the license agreement here:

[Note: The infraction must be on the vBulletin forums for us to take action. We have no say in anything other than the vBulletin pages. Also in regards to using the software for 'illegal purposes' we are not qualified to determine legality in any jurisdictions. If they are convicted of something regarding content on their forums then we can revoke a license.]

If you suspect a license violation, please report it here:

Otherwise, if you wish to make a complaint, you will need to contact the webmasters of that site and/or their web hosting company.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...