Credibility

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MRGTB
    • May 2005

First of all I made some small but necessary changes to the development process. My goal with those changes is to first increase quality. Quality is paramount to me and the changes are oriented first and foremost to continuously improve it. Second, I want to speed up development of enhancements and new features. I like to release early and often while respecting release policies and schedules. I see it as having more choices and we can pass these choices to you. In achieving these two goals, we will release a product that is always on time as well as high quality.

Beyond the upcoming releases, soon enough 4.0.4 followed by 4.1 and upgrades, I want to start focusing on what future product plans means to our clients and to Internet Brands. There are great opportunities for vBulletin and I want all of us to profit from them.

If you have any comments of suggestions, please, do not hesitate to shared them with us all.
    I'm sorry, but that quote says one thing to me. Take a look at what I've highlighted in red. To me it just looks like IB are now planning to go back to making quick short fast releases so they can fly through the vB 4 branch releases much quicker to get to vB5. Why? Because they are behind schedule on being able to charge customers again, and this is their catch-up plan.

The rest is just pure hype posted with it - to white-wash over the real intentions in that quote.

Comment

• Alfa1
      • Dec 2005
      • 3.8.x

Mind that the above text is the corrected version, with the comment on 'focussing on vb5 release' edited out. That already caused some scrutiny and caused the text to be edited out. The comment was a mistake. Whether the mistake was a slip of the tongue or a random error will probably be clear in time.
      I buy 420 forums

Comment

• MRGTB
        • May 2005

I didn't even know about that, which just backs-up what I think about that quote even further in that case

Comment

• ASSami
          • May 2009

Originally posted by MRGTB
          I'm sorry, but that quote says one thing to me. Take a look at what I've highlighted in red. To me it just looks like IB are now planning to go back to making quick short fast releases so they can fly through the vB 4 branch releases much quicker to get to vB5. Why? Because they are behind schedule on being able to charge customers again, and this is their catch-up plan.
          I take those as noble goals, which are open to interpretations. Politics if you will.

My point was only that usually something happens when new people take the lead and make concrete promises in public. No one can honestly top that bold part and no one can say that 'always' didn't include 4.0.4, which was still a month away. It would also be highly awkward if they said that there weren't real plans to release quality.

I had some expectations at that time. Now I don't. That's all.

Comment

• is_it_me
            • Apr 2008

Originally posted by smackLAN
            BP is a British company...British Petroleum
            Not defending BP in anyway, but it's not actually a British company anymore and hasn't been for many years, it's a multi-national company that just happens to have their HQ over here.

It dropped the 'British Petroleum' name in 1998 when it merged with Amoco and became BP Amoco plc, later changing again to just BP plc. Only about 40% of shares are owned by UK shareholders, and 39% in the USA. It employs almost twice as many Americans as it does Brits, so please don't associate it's shocking behaviour with Britain.

testing 1..2..3

Comment

• feldon23
              • Nov 2001
              • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Floris
              So American to just jump to lawsuit to purposely cause damage to others, instead of having an open discussion and allowing others to use their time to fix their mistakes.
              So you've been gaining a lot of ground with vBulletin after open discussions so far?
              You've gotten some/all/any of the changes you want in vBulletin as a result of your posts?
              We've gotten a different approach to customers based on open discussion?

Oh wait...
              Originally posted by Floris
              It's also very American to not admit to your mistakes ( BP I AM LOOKING AT YOU! )
              The American company was Amoco. They were quite happy until British Petroleum (BP) bought them out. The company cultures between the two was Amoco (great company) vs. BP (the Borg -- cost cutting to the bone and we don't give a crap about safety). This is from someone on the inside at Amoco during the buyout in 1998. They didn't have to lay off many people. Americans were so offended by BP's method of operations that they all quit.

Facts:
              BP were in charge of cleanup of the Exxon Valdez for the first 48 hours. They did absolutely jack squat until Exxon took over.

BP had 851 willful egregious safety violations over the last 3 years. Exxon had 2.

BP publicly overrode the safety decisions of the Transocean crew running the rig in the Gulf. This is from a crew member who was on the rig at the time.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...