X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rengen
    • Mar 2007

forum for charity needs

Dear VBulletin developers,

My name is Alexander I represent's international charity foundation "Myroliub".
    We starting a new project about Michael Jackson Monument.

We looking for a forum script for now.
    To tell the truth we tried many free forums, but no one can meet our need, for example we need to display Cyrillic, Chinese and English text on one page. No one can do this. But I know your forum does.

Unfortunately we cannot buy your product because of poor budget. We ask you for a help, give us a forum for free use as long as we can not pay for it. For this we place any advertising links to your website and make a newspost/theme about your help. We will not use your forum for commercial interest, or on any other websites.

Hope to hear from you soon.
    Regards,
    Alex Rengen
    [email protected]
  • Riasat
    • Aug 2006

in the vB FAQ, it is written somewhere (iirc) that they dont give their forum for free (may it be charity or whatever).
    The only way to get vB is to buy it.

anyways, I suggest you try phpbb3. it meets your needs (afaik).

Comment

• Floris
      • Dec 2001

I recommend you ask your partners; http://www.injacksonmemory.com/en/partners.php to invest in the project with a donation.

Comment

• rengen
        • Mar 2007

CvP, thank you for advice.
        It is only question of time until we get enough money for this project to buy license.
        But to this time we need forum and if I use phpbb I will not replace it with any other because it is lot of work with themes and integration.
        Anyway phpbb have security isues and it is slow therefore I not use him. We plan to make 30-50K people in day this traffic will drop down phpbb.

Floris, this is just partners who advertise our project on their websites.
        Last edited by rengen; Mon 21 Jun '10, 3:49am.

Comment

• Floris
          • Dec 2001

You can at least run phpBB and use impex to convert to vBulletin once donations from those 50,000+ users are rolling in.

Comment

• rengen
            • Mar 2007

Yes, but this is only database, themes cannot be converted.
            And I need to make difficult integration with registration and dynamic interface.
            Last edited by rengen; Mon 21 Jun '10, 5:23am.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
              vBulletin Support
              • Aug 2002
              • 5.7.X

We are sorry, but we can not offer any further discounts or free licenses.
              Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
              - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...