X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fusion
    • Aug 2001
    • 3.8.x

I'm sorry, Jcar, but that's just a load of hogwash. If you have a PC/Mac/server and internet-access, either at home or leased/rented space thru an ISP, therë's no reason whatsoever why you wouldn't be able to save up for the initial fee for a lease or even the owned license right off the bat. After all, you did save up for the machine&access, else you wouldn't be in the market for a board anyhow. Starting with a lease, that would give you plenty of opporunities to generate some income should you decide to buy a license.

In short, let's call a spade a spade, mmmkay?
    Toddler from Hell

Comment

• jphilipson
      • Apr 2002

When did Jelsoft start thier no warez policy anyway?

Comment

• Fusion
        • Aug 2001
        • 3.8.x

The policy was put in place in July '01, and can be viewed here. They have been fighting piracy since the beginning of time(1), however.
        Toddler from Hell

Comment

• jphilipson
          • Apr 2002

Actually it looks like it was in september...

Comment

• Fusion
            • Aug 2001
            • 3.8.x

No, that's when the last post was made, about the updated contents. The initial post was July 13th.
            Toddler from Hell

Comment

• Jcar
              • Apr 2002

Originally posted by Fusion
              therë's no reason whatsoever why you wouldn't be able to save up for the initial fee for a lease or even the owned license right off the bat. After all, you did save up for the machine&access
              well um, my parents bought the comp, freelancing is not getting income anymore, so anything coming out of my pocket would be flies

Comment

• Millward
                • Apr 2002

hi, I don't see why some people [not all] pirate and complain about the price. I mean $85 for a leased license is around £20 [english cash] and thet's very cheap! Fair enough some people can't afford vBulletin, and most of them accept that or try to save up for it, but just because you can't afford something doesn't mean you have the right to download something for free, you should really keep your options open when looking for a particular product. And as for when people say the price for vB is so high, take a look at what infopop [or should i say infoplop] charge for there UBB and UBB Threads whatever. And UBB is in perl ahhhhh, not only that but it kills your server big time.

All I'm saying is it's a shame if you cant afford the board or if you are a kid who wants one, but there are some pretty nice free forum software packages as well. I'm sorry if I have offended anyone in this post the point i was trying to make was don't download a pirate version of something just because you refuse to pay for it or because you can't afford it. And people who say they can't afford the $160 license but still want a vb should just get a leased license [like I have] and I'm only 15 well 16 very soon

Comment

• ripman
                  • Dec 2001

ok, next question.

Assuming that someone uses (runs) pirated forum of yours.
                  What are your steps to solve that problem ?

Regards

Comment

• NTLDR
                    • Apr 2002
                    • 3.0.0 Gamma

Originally posted by Millward
                    I mean $85 for a leased license is around £20 [english cash] and thet's very cheap!
                    Not really its £58.24 exactly right now, more than double the cost you state

How ever I agree that it is very good value for money.
                    vBulletin.org Moderator
                    The Sisters Three Charmed Discussion Forums

Comment

• Fusion
                      • Aug 2001
                      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by ripman
                      ok, next question.

Assuming that someone uses (runs) pirated forum of yours.
                      What are your steps to solve that problem ?

Regards
                      If I'm not mistaken, Jelsoft elects not to discuss this particular topic publicly. If you have a special need to know, please contact [email protected] or [email protected] by e-mail.
                      Toddler from Hell

Comment

• JamesUS
                        • Aug 2000

I'm going to close this now as it clearly isn't going anywhere. If you would like more information on our piracy policies please feel free to either search the forums or email [email protected].

Comment

• tubedogg
                          • Feb 2001

And if you would like to report a possible pirated board, please use our new URL-submission system:

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...