X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fr3ak
    • Mar 2009
    • 3.8.x

Is password reset/recovery working?

Have now been waiting for over 30 minutes for a recovery email from vbulletin.com AND seperately, the forums, obv in that time i remembered the forum password but still haven't received the recovery email for either. Would love to use your vaunted ticket support but unfortunately I need to be able to login to my customer area for that... Can someone else please test the function and let me know if it works for them (particularly the customer area)? and before you ask yes junkmail has been checked, yes i have received emails from vbulletin.com in the past (including password recovery emails) and no nothing has changed nsince that time so i'm as certain as I can be that the problem is not on my end.
  • fr3ak
    • Mar 2009
    • 3.8.x

Have any of you 47 viewers of this post checked the password recovery for vbulletin.com? Would really like to know if this is my problem or the sites. Is incredibly frustrating as I had set out today to upgrade the site to 4.x but cannot get into my customer area.

Comment

• beishe8
      • Oct 2005
      • 4.2.X

Originally posted by fr3ak
      Have any of you 47 viewers of this post checked the password recovery for vbulletin.com? Would really like to know if this is my problem or the sites. Is incredibly frustrating as I had set out today to upgrade the site to 4.x but cannot get into my customer area.

If you believe this should not have happened, please contact us.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• fr3ak
        • Mar 2009
        • 3.8.x

I've done that, what I want to know is if this is the case for other people or not... it would be simple for you or anyone else to just test the password recovery function, you don't need to go through the process just see if you receive the email, thats all i'm asking.

Comment

• fr3ak
          • Mar 2009
          • 3.8.x

p.s. although i am subscribed to this thread i was not notified about your post, therefore i believe the email function is not working on this forum either.

Comment

• beishe8
            • Oct 2005
            • 4.2.X

it would be simple for you or anyone else to just test the password recovery function, you don't need to go through the process just see if you receive the email, thats all i'm asking.
            Please, don't expect a rush from people to do that.
            Wait for a Rep to do that for you.
            If he loses his/her access because of that trial they will fix it for him/her.

p.s. although i am subscribed to this thread i was not notified about your post, therefore i believe the email function is not working on this forum either.
            It is not sure.
            As long as you are logged in you won't get any emails.
            If you leave this site and someone replies you should get the email.
            Last edited by beishe8; Sun 13 Jun '10, 2:50am. Reason: spelling

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• Yves R.
              vBulletin QA
              • Nov 2003
              • 5.6.X

The email function works good, I'm receiving notifications successfully.

vBulletin QA - vBulletin Support French - Lead Project Tools developer

Next release? Soon(tm)

Comment

• fr3ak
                • Mar 2009
                • 3.8.x

Ok so notifications work, great. I will wait patiently for someone to test the password recovery.

Comment

• Colin F
                  • May 2004

I just tested it and the password recovery link works fine for me.
                  Best Regards
                  Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• fr3ak
                    • Mar 2009
                    • 3.8.x

Ok, well that's just odd then, I definitely have the right customer number and email address as the recovery goes through but I receive no email, I am using gmail so all mail comes through even if it is considered junk so I can't for the life of me figure out what more I can do, I have sent emails to the licence team and contact so hopefully they can do something for me.

Comment

• fr3ak
                      • Mar 2009
                      • 3.8.x

Thanks for your help, was a DNS problem for the domain so the mx records weren't set, didn't notice as most mails were still being forwarded.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                        • Aug 2000

Ok, well that's just odd then, I definitely have the right customer number and email address as the recovery goes through but I receive no email, I am using gmail so all mail comes through even if it is considered junk so I can't for the life of me figure out what more I can do, I have sent emails to the licence team and contact so hopefully they can do something for me.
                        Check your email filters. Make sure vBulletin.com is always allowed.
                        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...