• Show
Clear All
  • Glenn_E
    • Dec 2009
    • 4.2.X

vBuletin.com site not showing text, when switching "Quick Style Chooser."

Feedback to vBulletin.com when viewing your site that is using v4.04

Widgets:
    On your "Home" page, when switching from a dark background (Dark Blue) to a light background (Bold Grey), widget text disappears or is very hard to read. Most of the text in the widgets such as the calendar, etc. did not change to compensate for the background change. Therefor, I could not see the text after the style change.

Not sure if there is a programmatic way to automatically change text, when backgrounds change but, admins should verify each screen in each style.

User Posts:
    Each style on vbulletin.com has a white background in the post editor. There is an automatic assumption for the user that when text colors are changed that all users will be able to read the text. This is not true.
    Here's an example -> There are four words following:
    White
    Black
    Blue
    Yellow.

Change your styles and try to read this post to see the problem reading the text. It either cannot be seen or is very difficult to read.

Admin's should be have the ability to use alternating styles and the user should not have to anticipate the reader's style choice. My site uses a light background for articles but, dark for user post reading. I see the problem, when I promote a post to an article and have to change each.

IMPORTANT - A "Default" text and background color is needed to reset the colors, if a poster changes his/her mind.

Another example - Take a look at my comment and the last word using the dark blue style here -> http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/entry...881&styleid=19 The last word is "great" in black text color.
    WestCoastGearHeads.com vb 4.1.10
  • Glenn_E
    • Dec 2009
    • 4.2.X

Interestingly, when previewing the post I created above using the Dark Blue style, I was able to see the word "Black" because the background in preview was lighter than the background used during user reading; it should be the same. However, when reading the post after it was submitted, the background is pure black and I cannot read the text any longer.
    WestCoastGearHeads.com vb 4.1.10

Comment

• ChopSuey
      • Apr 2009

Some of the UserCP options text is too light also. Can't recall where though.

Comment