X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

Once we have more concrete information, we'll let everyone know in the normal manner. But, we plan to have it released soon...
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• webxtc
      • Dec 2009
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Ryan Ashbrook
      This has been the standard response since the beginning. They can't give you something they don't know themselves (an official date).
      I agree that there is no way that they can tell us exactly when it was coming out. In fact I am not even concerned about the date, I just took exception to the manner in which it was replied to.

Originally posted by zlos
      What a creative comment, putting a lot of positive empowerment to the dev team... shame...
      Shame what? I am not really sure what you are saying in your post.

Comment

• janaf
        • Dec 2009

Ok, lets take the devs word for it: it seems it will not be around in 1-2 weeks and hopefully should not take two months. Now have some patience guys.

Comment

• zlos
          • Jul 2004
          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by webxtc
          Shame what? I am not really sure what you are saying in your post.
          Nothing. It's not surprising you don't understand...

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
            vBulletin Support
            • Aug 2002
            • 5.7.X

In fact I am not even concerned about the date, I just took exception to the manner in which it was replied to.
            Sorry but I don't see how my answer is 'cavalier' - I was stating a fact - it'll be ready for release when it's ready for release.
            Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
            - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• napy8gen
              • Jul 2001
              • 6.X

I think when they introduced the new style color palette chooser. they just realised that many css still hardcoded there and there. and that is why the delay. you have to have a finalised version of stylevars and css before you have that style color palette chooser.
              Get Our vbulletin 6 themes

Comment

• webxtc
                • Dec 2009
                • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
                Sorry but I don't see how my answer is 'cavalier' - I was stating a fact - it'll be ready for release when it's ready for release.
                To me this is a problem. I would hope you understand that when you choose to jump in and answer a question that the words you choose to use in your answer are left at their own merit. If this were in a face to face environment and someone asked you a question and you said "It will be done when it is done" do you actually think this would fly as anything other than a jab at the person. Of course your answer was lame. How about do what everyone else does and say "I don't know."

You have a customer base that all though I dare not speak for them, I know that a large portion is quite angry with the whole 4.0 process up to this point. Answers like "It will be ready when it is ready" just will not cut it. At least not with me. Sometimes the best answer is to not answer at all.

Comment

• Mike Anime
                  • Oct 2004
                  • 3.7.x

To me this is a problem. I would hope you understand that when you choose to jump in and answer a question that the words you choose to use in your answer are left at their own merit. If this were in a face to face environment and someone asked you a question and you said "It will be done when it is done" do you actually think this would fly as anything other than a jab at the person. Of course your answer was lame. How about do what everyone else does and say "I don't know."

You have a customer base that all though I dare not speak for them, I know that a large portion is quite angry with the whole 4.0 process up to this point. Answers like "It will be ready when it is ready" just will not cut it. At least not with me. Sometimes the best answer is to not answer at all.

it is attitudes like what are talking about that got so many of vb users to switch software. support needs an attitude adjustment here and at the .org site.

i tell you it is more than the EULA and prices that changed at the 4.0.0 release. why respond with it will be ready when its ready, why not reply with the comment about it being released later this month first off? or IDK? it would be more professional .

Comment

• zlos
                    • Jul 2004
                    • 3.8.x

I think a couple of you guys just got too old. And hysterical like old ladies... Professional? Are you pro's? After "the same question number 1022902" I do react much worse on my site...

EDIT: Mike Anime, are you a competitor of VB, BTW? IP here, IP there... blah blah...
                    Last edited by zlos; Sun 13 Jun '10, 9:03pm. Reason: invision thing

Comment

• ChopSuey
                      • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Mike Anime
                      it is attitudes like what are talking about that got so many of vb users to switch software. support needs an attitude adjustment here and at the .org site.
                      Got any examples?

Comment

• Ryan Ashbrook
                        • May 2003

Originally posted by Mike Anime

i tell you it is more than the EULA and prices that changed at the 4.0.0 release. why respond with it will be ready when its ready, why not reply with the comment about it being released later this month first off? or IDK? it would be more professional .
                        Don't really know how more professional you can get than "It will be ready, when it's ready."

Unless you want them to make long, drawn out, corporate BS posts that say the exact same thing in 4 paragraphs?
                        Ryan Ashbrook - My Blog - My Twitter

Comment

• zlos
                          • Jul 2004
                          • 3.8.x

Don't really know how more professional you can get than "It will be ready, when it's ready."

Unless you want them to make long, drawn out, corporate BS posts that say the exact same thing in 4 paragraphs?
                          Sure he wants. It's kind of sexy, making busy people to write loooooong posts

Comment

• webxtc
                            • Dec 2009
                            • 3.8.x

No body wants long drawn out corporate BS but I find it humorous that you think this is professional. How about if your bank told you that your money would be "ready for you when it is ready"? Or if your Web Host told you that your site would be "Back up when it is Back up"? I could give many more examples, but there is no need. I stand by the fact that sometimes no answer or "I don't now" is a better choice of words than a smart quip. Even if the quip is not meant to be offensive.

Comment

• zlos
                              • Jul 2004
                              • 3.8.x

No body wants long drawn out corporate BS but I find it humorous that you think this is professional. How about if your bank told you that your money would be "ready for you when it is ready"? Or if your Web Host told you that your site would be "Back up when it is Back up"? I could give many more examples, but there is no need. I stand by the fact that sometimes no answer or "I don't now" is a better choice of words than a smart quip. Even if the quip is not meant to be offensive.
                              Do you really compare banks or web hosts to a programming company or it is just a joke? Have you ever programmed yourself anything else as just your TV remote?

I am not saying this answer was kind, but asking the very same question all the time and awaiting nice, "corpo" answer wasn't wise at least...

Comment

• graham_w
                                • Apr 2005

I for one appreciate the honesty. It will be ready when it's ready. Can't be more honest than that. Some people just need to get over themselves and stop being so precious. If you can't say anything positive or constructive, then shut your mouth. It's getting tiresome reading the negative posts over and over. Yes I'm in the same boat as you in paying for vb4 in the presale. Yes I'm not running it yet. But seriously there are bigger things to worry about in this world than how someone responds to a question that can be answered with a simple search on this site.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...