X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PirateReports
    Banned
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by CvP
    I use HostGator. They have a strict policy about this. If you damage others' property in your shared server, your account will be banned.
    I think users should keep software up to date but we all know you can upgrade and inflict an issue you never had before so that's a bit harsh on an individual. I think it is the network that must stop propogation.

Comment

• Paul M
      Former Lead Developer
      vB.Com & vB.Org
      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by PirateReports
      If the issue is not resolved then I might move but I can fix it in about 2 minutes so not worth losing sleep over yet especially as some respected networks are also having the same problem.
      Having been bitten twice then I would be looking to move no matter how simple your site is.
      Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• Riasat
        • Aug 2006

Originally posted by PirateReports
        I think users should keep software up to date but we all know you can upgrade and inflict an issue you never had before so that's a bit harsh on an individual. I think it is the network that must stop propogation.
        as far as I know, they block automated propagation on the software level. however, they do provide shell access which can be utilized in harmful way if one really wants to.

Comment

• ryf109
          • May 2010

Thanks for the info

Comment