X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Prohacker
    • Apr 2001
    • 3.8.x

Why so sticky?

vBulletin 2 'How Do I' Questions - Changing user options en masse :: Shouldn't this be in the hints and tips forum?

vBulletin 2 Troubleshooting and Problems - Errors in email_lostpw / email_validated :: Maybe unsitck this since the latest version fixes this..

vBulletin 2 Troubleshooting and Problems - Installing phpMyAdmin / Running a Query with phpMyAdmin :: FAQ Forum?

Chit Chat - And the winner is.......... vB Board of the Month - November :: It was for november

Chit Chat - Join the Vbulletin team! (update 3718+ genes so far!) :: Been here for almost 3 months with no new posts...

Since many of these are no longer needed, why keep them at the top of the forum, where they will just cause clutter, and not let newer more important posts get a higher view.. I know I'm picky but just thought this would keep some of the support forums a little bit more tiddy....
  • Kaizen
    • Aug 2001

I agree.

However i think the genes one should stay there so new potential signups can see it.
    Email: [email protected]
    Site: Under Construction

Comment

• Goldfinger
      • Jan 2001

im gonna sign up for that genes thing.

Comment

• tubedogg
        • Feb 2001

Re: Why so sticky?

Originally posted by The Prohacker
        vBulletin 2 'How Do I' Questions - Changing user options en masse :: Shouldn't this be in the hints and tips forum?
        It is, but a great many people ask how to change user options so I figured it can't hurt to have it there.

vBulletin 2 Troubleshooting and Problems - Errors in email_lostpw / email_validated :: Maybe unsitck this since the latest version fixes this..
        I could've sworn I did already, but I will go do so now.

vBulletin 2 Troubleshooting and Problems - Installing phpMyAdmin / Running a Query with phpMyAdmin :: FAQ Forum?
        Yep, I'm gonna make a copy in there but I think it's relevant in Troubleshooting as well because we often ask people to run queries.

Chit Chat - And the winner is.......... vB Board of the Month - November :: It was for november
        Yep It's so the winner gets some exposure.

Chit Chat - Join the Vbulletin team! (update 3718+ genes so far!) :: Been here for almost 3 months with no new posts...
        I thought about knocking that one down but I didn't. I might though.

Comment

• George L
          Former vBulletin Support
          • May 2000
          • 3.8.x

me doesn't notice them anymore
          :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
          :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
          :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

• Kaizen
            • Aug 2001

I dont think new people are signing up for it.

However, I've been running it for a week and made 10/11 genes (i think).

Comment

• Michael2
              • Oct 2001
              • 3.8.x

Maybe you should unstick the SOTM for November and place the winner in the first post of voting for December.
              HBO Forum - Discuss Game of Thrones, True Blood, Big Love, Boardwalk Empire, and more!
              Disney Forums - Disney theme parks, vacation, entertainment, and more!
              iLoveTalk - Our general discussion forum.
              VeggieBoards - The largest and most active vegetarian forum!

Comment

• amykhar
                • May 2001
                • 3.5.x

I have noticed that sticking things means they get read less, not more. People tend to tune them out.

Amy
                http://www.eaforums.com

Comment

• Kaizen
                  • Aug 2001

Originally posted by amykhar
                  I have noticed that sticking things means they get read less, not more. People tend to tune them out.

Amy
                  I have noticed this on other boards too.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...