Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tim_K
    • Mar 2010

Yeah, Impossible to get a reply from vbulleting sales

What is with this site? I emailed sales for information twice and never heard back. I put a question on the forum and thankfully got a reply that said ... go to the website and read it.

I found nothing on the site that was intended for a new user. I got no support from sales.

I got a better reply from an ebay seller who was selling his licenses. He replied AND he was selling his license at a discount.

There is a statement above this "your message" screen that says you have to have to have a license to get support. So, the expectation is to get a presales answer you have to have already purchased.

I went to skin site and saw all the POSITIVE feedbacks. When I went to the sites to see what they were talking about ... 75% of the sites were non-operational.

What is the success rate of buying this software and getting it up and running. From the skin site, it looks to be something less than 25%. Am I wrong? Has anybody every gotten a reply from presales? If so, did you have to tell them you are buying more than ??? 5 licenses ... 10 licenses??? They dont reply if you say you want to buy 1.
  • borbole
    • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Tim_K
    Has anybody every gotten a reply from presales? If so, did you have to tell them you are buying more than ??? 5 licenses ... 10 licenses??? They dont reply if you say you want to buy 1.
    When I emailed the sales department with my presale questions I got a replay back almost immediately. In my email I stated that I wanted to buy only 1 forum license. But from what I recall, after you send your first email you must validate it in order to get an answer. That was due to spam precautions. Did you do that?

Comment

• Mike Anime
      • Oct 2004
      • 3.7.x

support here is SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW at best

ipb support even at 3am was lightning fast

Comment

• borbole
        • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Mike Anime
        support here is SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW at best

ipb support even at 3am was lightning fast
        I beg to differ. The support here at the vb community is fast and top notch. But why do you guys always are so negative for everything about vb and all the time bring such an exausting and extremly annoying IPB comparison. Like oh here is so bad and at ipb is so great. It is getting so irritating.
        Last edited by borbole; Wed 14 Apr '10, 9:33am.

Comment

• Tim_K
          • Mar 2010

Originally posted by borbole
          When I emailed the sales department with my presale questions I got a replay back almost immediately. In my email I stated that I wanted to buy only 1 forum license. But from what I recall, after you send your first email you must validate it in order to get an answer. That was due to spam precautions. Did you do that?
          Yes. I validated. I'm new to vbulletin not the web. The lack of pre sales support is so suprising. The only that happens is during the second week of august or Christmas week when the place shuts down for vacation. But even then, you get an email reply back that "we are on vacation and shut down for the week".

It seems to me that anybody who is replying to this thread saying they get quick support ... is an insider. I have no axe to grind with vbulletin. I want to start a forum and two of the forums that I post to are driven by vbulletin. I dont work for a competitor. I dont know who the competitors are. But, now I am going to have to turn this into a research project. I didnt want to do that. They used it. Fine, I'll use it. Done. That was my thought process. I wanted to get to the content. No, not done. Now its a research project. Who are the competitors, how much do they charge, what are the features. ... on and on and on. And, then you go to the skin zone and everyone raves about the fantastic support. You go to their sites to see "what it is" and 75% are down.

Comment

• Tim_K
            • Mar 2010

Originally posted by borbole
            I beg to differ. The support here at the vb community is fast and top notch. But why do you guys always are so negative for everything about vb and all the time bring such an exausting and extremly annoying IPB comparison. Like oh here is so bad and at ipb is so great. If you feel that way, wtf are you still doing here. I mean this is done now in almost any thread. It is so irritating.
            And I simply don't believe you. Top notch??? I like that ... you have to ask the smart way. Now I get opinions and insults. I'm not smart enough to know how to write an email to presales using the presales email address that is on their support page. Are you smart enough to read my mind?

Comment

• borbole
              • Feb 2010

And I simply don't believe you. Top notch??? I like that ... you have to ask the smart way. Now I get opinions and insults. I'm not smart enough to know how to write an email to presales using the presales email address that is on their support page. Are you smart enough to read my mind?
              Tim_K, that thread of mine about asking support the smart way it has nothing to do with you. Have a look at the date when it was created and at the content. So there is no reason as to why you should take it personal.

Regarding the support here, it is top notch. That is as seen from my point of view. I am sorry that you are not receiving any attention from the sales department but that is nothing I can do about it.

Comment

• Loco.M
                • Mar 2005
                • 3.5.x

I've gotten support from vb and ipb in less then a day, sorry you've had such problems, what was the title of your email?

ps.. I'm not an "insider" and I don't think anyone else here is either
                -- Web Developer for hire
                ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

• Abomination
                  • Jul 2008

Yes. I validated. I'm new to vbulletin not the web. The lack of pre sales support is so suprising. The only that happens is during the second week of august or Christmas week when the place shuts down for vacation. But even then, you get an email reply back that "we are on vacation and shut down for the week".

It seems to me that anybody who is replying to this thread saying they get quick support ... is an insider. I have no axe to grind with vbulletin. I want to start a forum and two of the forums that I post to are driven by vbulletin. I dont work for a competitor. I dont know who the competitors are. But, now I am going to have to turn this into a research project. I didnt want to do that. They used it. Fine, I'll use it. Done. That was my thought process. I wanted to get to the content. No, not done. Now its a research project. Who are the competitors, how much do they charge, what are the features. ... on and on and on. And, then you go to the skin zone and everyone raves about the fantastic support. You go to their sites to see "what it is" and 75% are down.
                  Researching would be a great thing to do. My advice is go with what you believe based on what information you receive and read and ignore what seems like 'spin'.

These are tough times for this company. But even prior to that getting questions answered was problematic. Almost 2 years ago when I started a forum, your position was the same as mine, the competitor uses it so I would too.

In my particular situation I was so confused I did not know what questions to ask, but eventually bought the product then called them to get help to download it. As soon as I said that I had purchased the product they said they could no longer help me unless I purchased phone support. My issue was related to the url that is needed to give the vb.com software, so the software I paid for could be downloaded. I was not completely sure what the name of my forum would be, and I was unclear if that could be changed in the future (it can be). But no one would confirm that unless I paid for phone support. I did ask multiple times in presales but all I got were copy/paste answers which did not answer my question.

I wish you the very best of luck.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                    Former Customer Support Manager
                    • Jul 2000

What is with this site? I emailed sales for information twice and never heard back. I put a question on the forum and thankfully got a reply that said ... go to the website and read it.
                    I checked the system and there are no emails from your address to our sales ticket system. Where did you send it to? Also all tickets that are received get an immediate automated reply email with a ticket ID number. What are the ticket IDs from those emails?
                    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...