X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gsk8
    • Jun 2003
    • 4.2.x

VB's server load

So I bought the premium dedicated server package at Host Gator thinking it could handle several hundred people (max connections?). My server loads go through the roof and they said the max user connections were 500 and they would raise it to a limit of 600. Well, that doesn't help when the server loads are off the charts...

So I come over here and see that you guys currently have 900 users online and it's running quite fine. Perhaps I shouldn't ask this in public, but I'm looking for a server that will handle this without a fuss and that comes with a cPanel.

LOL....I noticed this on VBForum as well:
    Most users ever online was 9,165, Fri 26th Jun '09 at 11:29am.
    Would love to have seen the server loads on that one!
    Paula
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

If you're on a true dedicated server, than you probably need to optimize your installations of Apache and MySQL. Please visit the Server Configuration forum for help with that.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• gsk8
      • Jun 2003
      • 4.2.x

What do you mean by "true dedicated server"?
      Paula

Comment

• 1QuickSI
        • Oct 2001

A "true" dedicated server is that of which is used soley by you and is not shared by anyone else. You have direct control of its configuration whether managed or self managed.
        -----------------------------------------------------------
        Running custom version of vBulletin based on v4.2.5
        PHP 7.4.14 :: MariaDB 10.5.8

Comment

• MikeF
          • Jan 2006

Just so you know we've had people who have affiliate sites with Hostgator spam the crap out of my forum, so this may not be the ideal web hosting company to deal with, in my honest and inalienable right to express an opinion. Rackspace is a much better option. And Hostgator just may have put you on a shared hosting account or virtual private server if you don't know what you're paying for (not saying that you do or don't).

Comment

• ShyGuy82
            • Feb 2007

sorry for advertisement (not my site) but this is the best site to find hosting, dedicated, VPS and more

Speed up your member list page by at least 5x (4.x.x)

http://nicknameregister.com/files/20...0/ShyGuy82.jpg

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...