X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Homeworld'sa
    • Sep 2009
    • 3.8.x

vB.com a battle ground?

Ever since the release of vBulletin 4, all I ever seem to keep on reading is threads that are wars about how vB4 doesn't have this, this and this feature and demands to have the features in. Then the devs and support guys come on and then there's more frustration.

Why is this? Why can't be start being more patient with vBulletin Solutions? They are humans, not super computers that can code at lightning speed you know.

I'm getting really tired reading all these kind of threads, and I feel like just leaving vB.com for good and getting support on vB.org.
    That's it. If you REALLY can't say ANYTHING nice to me at all on this forum, then I am going to go insanely mad at you. I've had enough of the UNTOLD ABUSE you are all giving me and you should really be CONSIDERATE of other people.
  • Reeve of Shinra
    • Sep 2001

Why can't be start being more patient with vBulletin Solutions?
    • Many many promises by Internet Brands have been made but they have not followed through on them. We were promised a roadmap nearly 9 months ago and we haven't seen a hint of it. We were also promised around the same time the team would improved communication about what is going on but that's only happened in the last two weeks.
    • IB was quick to take our money during the 'pre-sale' but vb4 is not a gold release and it is missing features from the 3.x series which leads to frustration
    • IB screwed the hooch by changing the licensing terms and conditions and raising rates on us. If they would've kept that part status quo, you wouldn't find half the frustration around here that you do. In short, if your are going to change the terms, raise the rates, and essentially force people to buy a product sight unseen -- expect backlash when it doesnt' deliver.

Honestly, I'm tired of waiting on IB Solutions to get their act together.
    Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

• Homeworld'sa
      • Sep 2009
      • 3.8.x

All is well and said, but all these hard feelings are because people are angry with IB. Yes, I agree with many of your points, but bringing these points up in nearly every single thread doesn't help anyone or resolves the situation.
      That's it. If you REALLY can't say ANYTHING nice to me at all on this forum, then I am going to go insanely mad at you. I've had enough of the UNTOLD ABUSE you are all giving me and you should really be CONSIDERATE of other people.

Comment

• RadioErewan
        • Feb 2008
        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Homeworld'sa
        All is well and said, but all these hard feelings are because people are angry with IB. Yes, I agree with many of your points, but bringing these points up in nearly every single thread doesn't help anyone or resolves the situation.
        So, what is your idea? How can we communicate with mighty man and get what we paid for?

Comment

• Homeworld'sa
          • Sep 2009
          • 3.8.x

Just do nothing. Stop complaining about it and maybe the dev's will fix bugs and add features quicker. The more you whine, the less time the devs can devote to fixing the problems.

An even better idea would be for a thread where you can make all your moans about vB4 instead of making so many threads about the same thing.
          Last edited by Homeworld'sa; Sun 14 Feb '10, 9:53am. Reason: Added a bit.

Comment

• Reeve of Shinra
            • Sep 2001

I'm afraid that doesn't work -- IB only listens when a ton of people start breaking down the doors.

I am sure many people are willing to shut up and go away but it would require a full refund. So IB solutions does have the power to rectify this one way or the other.
            Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

• Homeworld'sa
              • Sep 2009
              • 3.8.x

Well, send them an Email. See what they have to say.
              And I doubt that's true. (referring to first paragraph of #6)

Comment

• Reeve of Shinra
                • Sep 2001

Believe me I am really tempted to. And yes, it is true but I don't feel like fishing for threads to point it out.
                Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

• Ryan Ashbrook
                  • May 2003

Originally posted by Homeworld'sa
                  Just do nothing. Stop complaining about it and maybe the dev's will fix bugs and add features quicker. The more you whine, the less time the devs can devote to fixing the problems.
                  Good luck with this.

If nothing was done, nothing would get changed. It's as simple as that.
                  Ryan Ashbrook - My Blog - My Twitter

Comment

• steven s
                    • Jul 2004
                    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Reeve of Shinra
                    I'm afraid that doesn't work -- IB only listens when a ton of people start breaking down the doors.
                    Isn't that how the public beta came to be?
                    I can see the OP's point, but when it comes down to it you hit the nail on the head.

I hate to contribute to yet another thread but let's face it, vB4 was forced out the door and the devs are left cleaning up IB's mess.
                    So many of us bought into the presale sight unseen and they had to finally present a product.
                    At this point, it is what it is and certainly will be a lesson learned.
                    ...steven
                    www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
                    bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
                    "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

• kyrgyz
                      • Oct 2007

Originally posted by steven s
                      At this point, it is what it is and certainly will be a lesson learned.
                      And it looks like IB has finally learned to listen to vBulletin customers.

I understand Homeworldsa's frustration, but I came to understanding the whiners somewhat. I think many of them make a living from their sites running on vBulletin. What I don't understand is why to upgrade so hastily if there is an uncertainty about vB4? I know the usual argument will be "we prepaid for it, and didn't get what we used to getting". But, still why to risk your earnings when vB3.8 is perfectly fine for a time being?

Comment

• RadioErewan
                        • Feb 2008
                        • 3.8.x

Nobody likes to be betrayed. Broken promises, tricking and getting money for nothing is not good way of making friends or partners in any kind of business. Lesson is not learned. Still have no usable and and feature complete product as it was advertised during presale money grab.

Comment

• Mark.B
                          vBulletin Support
                          • Feb 2004
                          • 6.0.X

I do get tired of seeing people with legitimate issues being labelled as "whiners".

Just because one person running a board that's been open two weeks with six members happens to think everything's fine, it doesn't mean everyone else does.

There are clear, documented problems with vB4. Even the company has partially admitted this. We need to keep on their backs to get it fixed, otherwise it won't be. That's how business works.
                          MARK.B
                          vBulletin Support
                          ------------
                          My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                          My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Homeworld'sa
                            • Sep 2009
                            • 3.8.x

BTW, i only ever bought the vBulletin 4.0 Publishing suite so I could continue to run 3.8.4. I have no intentions of ever upgrading to vB4

Comment

• Paul M
                              Former Lead Developer
                              vB.Com & vB.Org
                              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Mark.B
                              I do get tired of seeing people with legitimate issues being labelled as "whiners".
                              Unfortunately, not everyone who continually moans actually has legitimate issues, and that minority ends up distorting the overall view people get of the forums.
                              Baby, I was born this way

Comment