Why don't you fix "go to new post" here on vb.com?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ramsesx
    • Aug 2005
    • 3.8.x

Why don't you fix "go to new post" here on vb.com?

It's just a work of max. 5 minutes, vb germany did it already why can't this done here?
  • Mike Anime
    • Oct 2004
    • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Ramsesx
    It's just a work of max. 5 minutes, vb germany did it already why can't this done here?
    they said it will be fixed in 4.0.2

Comment

• Paul M
      Former Lead Developer
      vB.Com & vB.Org
      • Sep 2004

Thats not the question that was asked.

There is no reason they could not fix it here, before 4.0.2 is released, and tbh, I really wish they would, its very annoying.
      Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• feldon23
        • Nov 2001
        • 3.7.x

Is vBulletin.com no longer in the CVS loop?

Comment

• Colin F
          • May 2004

We actually switched to SVN about two years ago

This does not have anything to do with that though. The forum still uses files from SVN, it is simply not updated as often as it was previously.
          Best Regards
          Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• Carnage-
            • Jan 2005
            • 3.8.x

Seriously off topic but since you don't want pms:

How do you deal with plugins products and templates with SVN? I've wanted to get my plugins/products into svn for ages but havn't really got a good way to go about it.
            Some of my Mods:
            Advanced IP Ban Manager (vb3.6+ version) - Fine grained control over blocking trouble makers.
            Advanced IP Ban Manager (vb4 version) - Fine grained control over blocking trouble makers.
            Use Original thread for Comments - Uses the original thread for comments for any forum threads promoted to CMS articles.
            Custom Friendly Urls - Allows customisation of forum urls from the admin CP.

Comment

• AlexanderT
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Colin F
              The forum still uses files from SVN, it is simply not updated as often as it was previously.
              And that is... why?

Comment

• feldon23
                • Nov 2001
                • 3.7.x

We actually switched to SVN about two years ago

This does not have anything to do with that though. The forum still uses files from SVN, it is simply not updated as often as it was previously.
                I don't want to get into the picky details, but it just seems like instead of how vBulletin was before where bugs were fixed within hours on vBulletin.com, so vBulletin.com always had its "best foot forward" with the least bug free version, now vBulletin.com seems frozen like a deer in headlights on 4.0.1.

I thought the point of CVS, SVN, Git, etc. was the ability to commit a change and pick which branches to apply that change to.

Do you see how when you add up all these little things, like vBulletin no longer having an actively updated documentation repository, vBulletin.com no longer running current software, most forum questions simply being ignored by vBulletin staff, and then Bob Brisco posting space cadety type marketing drivel from his Blog, that we are all really starting to wonder what the heck is going on here?

Comment

• Colin F
                  • May 2004

Originally posted by Carnage-
                  Seriously off topic but since you don't want pms:

How do you deal with plugins products and templates with SVN? I've wanted to get my plugins/products into SVN for ages but haven't really got a good way to go about it.
                  The blog and CMS plugins are part of the codebase, so they're in the same repository. We have a very few other plugins, but the ones we have (like to display the license status to staff) aren't in SVN. Templates for the product are handled by exporting the style XML file, which is then committed to the repository.

Originally posted by AlexanderT
                  And that is... why?
                  The workflow has changed. Development and bug-fixing of vBulletin has a higher priority to updating our forum say once a week. One could argue the advantages of either method, we've chosen to update less regularly for now. Possibly this will change in the future.

Originally posted by feldon23
                  I don't want to get into the picky details, but it just seems like instead of how vBulletin was before where bugs were fixed within hours on vBulletin.com, so vBulletin.com always had its "best foot forward" with the least bug free version, now vBulletin.com seems frozen like a deer in headlights on 4.0.1.

I thought the point of CVS, SVN, Git, etc. was the ability to commit a change and pick which branches to apply that change to.

Do you see how when you add up all these little things, like vBulletin no longer having an actively updated documentation repository, vBulletin.com no longer running current software, most forum questions simply being ignored by vBulletin staff, and then Bob Brisco posting space cadety type marketing drivel from his Blog, that we are all really starting to wonder what the heck is going on here?
                  The technical details regarding SVN have absolutely no relevance. How it is used has not changed at all, and upgrading our forums wouldn't be much different if we didn't use a versioning system.
                  Best Regards
                  Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• s0lidgr0und
                    • May 2007
                    • 3.6.x

In the time to type that post, it could have been fixed.
                    s.molinari - I would like to ask all customers to definitely feedback issues with the software and be specific with the issues, but to basically suck-up what happened in the past and try to just look forward.

Comment

• Paul M
                      Former Lead Developer
                      vB.Com & vB.Org
                      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by s0lidgr0und
                      In the time to type that post, it could have been fixed.
                      I was thinking that - it took me all of about a minute to fix my test forum, and most of that was opening the file in an editor, and locating the correct area to add the fix.
                      Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• Mike Anime
                        • Oct 2004
                        • 3.7.x

i am glad they fix things here at the same time they fix it for the end users so the end users can see how things act in real time.

yes it would be nice to see it live here for about a week before it goes to us to iron out and big bugs but failing that my first sentence will have to do.

Comment

• Ramsesx
                          • Aug 2005
                          • 3.8.x

The workflow has changed. Development and bug-fixing of vBulletin has a higher priority to updating our forum say once a week. One could argue the advantages of either method, we've chosen to update less regularly for now. Possibly this will change in the future.
                          Colin, it is a pain to use this forum now with this bug. But it makes it even more worse to see how the customers are treated or better said ignored. Nobody of vbulletiin staff seems to care about anything here in this times. We just can hope on vb 4.02 they don't forget the reply button if it need that long to fix things.

Comment

• Loco.M
                            • Mar 2005
                            • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Paul M
                            Thats not the question that was asked.

There is no reason they could not fix it here, before 4.0.2 is released, and tbh, I really wish they would, its very annoying.
                            my exact thoughts on this bug that's been annoying us for at least 10 days
                            -- Web Developer for hire
                            ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

• feldon23
                              • Nov 2001
                              • 3.7.x

And will for another 7.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...