• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carlos 360
    Banned
    • May 2008
    • 3.7.x

"Bill Me Later"

Recently, I was looking around in the paypal website and I stumbled across a new service...

The service is called "Bill Me Later." I would like vbulletin to start using this service to make paying vbulletin easier, and hassle-free.

To learn more - its over here.
  • Colin F
    • May 2004

I don't think this is any different to ordering with your credit card and paying off as much of that as you're able to every month.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• s0lidgr0und
      • May 2007
      • 3.6.x

It seems to be vendor specific, I think they're asking if vB is willing to be one of them.
      s.molinari - I would like to ask all customers to definitely feedback issues with the software and be specific with the issues, but to basically suck-up what happened in the past and try to just look forward.

Comment

• Renny
        • Mar 2008

You have to set a date in your PayPal account when to send the money

How do I pay for my Bill Me Later purchases?
        To make a payment towards your Bill Me Later balance, just log in to PayPal. You'll see the Bill Me Later box on your Account Overview page. Click the Schedule Payment button to send a payment immediately or set one up for a future date. You can schedule up to three payments in advance.
        Therefore it doesn't really make it easier to pay for vBulletin because If you don't have the money now, and you have it in a weeks time, just get it in a weeks time.

Comment

• Mike Anime
          • Oct 2004
          • 3.7.x

bill me later is worse than useing a credit card if you only make the minimum payments you will NEVER pay it off.

Comment

• beishe8
            • Oct 2005
            • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Carlos 360
            The service is called "Bill Me Later." I would like vbulletin to start using this service to make paying vbulletin easier, and hassle-free.
            Vbulletin don't have to join this service.
            It is a feature of PayPal.
            Buy vB now,pay later to PayPal for it.
            vB would receive the full amount from PayPal immediately.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• Wayne Luke
              vBulletin Technical Support Lead
              • Aug 2000

Given the higher potential for fraud and the visual source nature of vBulletin, I doubt this is a payment method we wish to pursue. Paypal already provides methods for users to add money to their account and take advantage of things like this without us taking the added risks this would entail.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Carlos 360
                Banned
                • May 2008
                • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                Given the higher potential for fraud and the visual source nature of vBulletin, I doubt this is a payment method we wish to pursue. Paypal already provides methods for users to add money to their account and take advantage of things like this without us taking the added risks this would entail.
                Ahh....don't worry about fraudulent users, PayPal has measures in place that prevents fraud. check the FAQ in the link I provided.

Comment

• s0lidgr0und
                  • May 2007
                  • 3.6.x

Convincing argument.
                  s.molinari - I would like to ask all customers to definitely feedback issues with the software and be specific with the issues, but to basically suck-up what happened in the past and try to just look forward.

Comment

• Colin F
                    • May 2004

Originally posted by Carlos 360
                    Ahh....don't worry about fraudulent users, PayPal has measures in place that prevents fraud. check the FAQ in the link I provided.
                    The measures listed on the link you provided are to protect the consumer, not the business. Even with such measures, there'd still be fraud. We see this daily.
                    Best Regards
                    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...