Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RS_Jelle
    • Jul 2005

Introducing or fixing bugs? A suggestion

Both as a mod author and user, I'm very disappointed with the quality of new releases. I'm not seeing a lot of the new "QA" method with a big set of quality tests before doing a release.
    And when I upgrade my site to vB4 (which I'm holding off at this moment), I won't be upgrading any more to a maintenance release the day that it's released. I did that in the past, with a lot of trust. But now, it's gone.

For example, 4.0.1 introduced two big bugs hitting my DownloadsII mod: custom profile tabs are gone (including the blog one) and AJAX username/tag suggestion is totally broken because of some CSS change.

I've got one big suggestion for this: upgrade the vB.com forums when you "freeze" a release and give it to the QA team. We could have found those issues and you could have fixed them. Don't upgrade your forums two days after a release when it's already freezed a week before.
    Minatica.be - Belgian/Dutch computer and technology site
    DownloadsII - Add a downloads database to your vB 4
  • RS_Jelle
    • Jul 2005

Originally posted by RS_Jelle
    I've got one big suggestion for this: upgrade the vB.com forums when you "freeze" a release and give it to the QA team. We could have found those issues and you could have fixed them. Don't upgrade your forums two days after a release when it's already freezed a week before.
    Any news on this as it's only two days before 4.0.2 goes to QA? Could we have it running on the vB.com forums before it is released?
    Minatica.be - Belgian/Dutch computer and technology site
    DownloadsII - Add a downloads database to your vB 4

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...