X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ipzone2
    • Feb 2008

Support Ticket System clarification

Could someone please explain how the support ticket system works

Up front I have to admit to feeling mislead and also slightly upset at how things are going with VB.

I placed a support ticket yesterday in regards to a problem after I upgraded to 3.8.4 PL2

In the confirmation email I got back this text was included at the bottom

>>>>
    Please note, we are experiencing an extremely high volume of support requests at this time. All issues will be answered in the order they are received in and we will contact you as soon as possible. Thank you for understanding.
    >>>>

22 hours later I still have had NO reply at all - that's bad enough but when I went to log into the ticket system just now I saw this message in the sidebar ....

Average response time
    (last 30 support issues)
    2 hr : 28 min

So now I am confused - if all tickets are responded to in order how can the last 30 tickets have bene responded to in 2h 28 mins bearing in mind they are answered in order ?

Surely this can only be true if no one at all has had a ticket responded to for 22 hours ?

Am I missing something ?
  • ipzone2
    • Feb 2008

To update - I have just had a reply to my ticket

Comment

• we_are_borg
      • Aug 2004
      • 4.2.X

Well its a bit of a joke to say it like:

Average response time
      (last 30 support issues)
      2 hr : 28 min

Lets say you have 32 support issues in the queue you service them. One will be very long wait like yours because its average you still can get below 3 hours. Now with your in queue the average can even get below 3 hours because you dont know how complex the questions where and how long it toke to address on issue. So reporting a waiting time like that it seems sort but can take hours to even a full day.

Comment

• Al Zander
        • Aug 2001

The initial response to a ticket could be quite long these days, but once a ticket is tagged and assigned, the subsequent response times are quite quick, in comparison. Perhaps the system takes the average of all of those (initial and subsequent) to calculate the "Average response time"? I have no idea, I'm speculating.

Comment

• Ace
          • Apr 2004
          • 4.2.X

So now I am confused - if all tickets are responded to in order how can the last 30 tickets have bene responded to in 2h 28 mins bearing in mind they are answered in order ?

Surely this can only be true if no one at all has had a ticket responded to for 22 hours ?

Am I missing something ?
          You could be missing the fact that there is more than one person working on that queue.
          My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
          vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• ipzone2
            • Feb 2008

What I can say is that I had a quite acceptable response time AFTER the initial one of 22 hours - it took me 5 minutes to fix my problem after a hint in the response - but I lost a day waiting for it

Comment

• Ace
              • Apr 2004
              • 4.2.X

Originally posted by ipzone2
              What I can say is that I had a quite acceptable response time AFTER the initial one of 22 hours - it took me 5 minutes to fix my problem after a hint in the response - but I lost a day waiting for it
              That's the thing about needing help when hundreds of others do too. It can take a while for a response.
              My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
              vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment