What's the point of having members sign up to report issues of an install if..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spencerp
    • Jan 2010
    • 4.1.x

What's the point of having members sign up to report issues of an install if..

They can't post in the correct forum for it? Come on people get with it. The problem is, we're getting duplicate headers spitting out when viewing useronline page, along with viewing threads past the 10 posts point. Pagination is working in the "Forum View" part. But when going into a post, the pagination isn't working. We get duplicate headers, as well as on "Useronline" page. Shouldn't this be IN the software itself?

For example; Click image for larger version

Name:	inside-thread-view-ours.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	3714238

This also happens at the footer of the thread.

Click image for larger version

Name:	our-thread-footer-no-navigation.jpg
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	3714239

There's no pagination at all. And some of the "hacks" are just quickly written where no one knows where what goes for sure. I'd like to have some decent tutorials or if possible, make this in vBulletin software by default. Why have something like this, so dang complicated to make? You have it on your board now, up top right of page. Other boards have it. Just make it default. Thanks for your time.

Oh, example here: Click image for larger version

Name:	inside-your-thread-navi.jpg
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	3714240

Spencer
  • cbiweb
    • Apr 2004
    • 4.1.x

First of all, if you are not able to post in the support forums, either you are an unlicensed customer (in which case you won't get support) or you haven't registered for Priority Forum Support in the Members Area.

Telling vBulletin to "get with it" because of something that is your own fault is a bit rude.
    Last edited by cbiweb; Wed 13 Jan '10, 8:45am.
    ~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~

Comment

• spencerp
      • Jan 2010
      • 4.1.x

Thanks for the wonderful reply. It really helped the issue. I'm posting on behalf of a friend that IS licensed, I'm sorry I didn't have the money to shell out for a license so I could get support for an online software. I just assumed there was support for anyone with software issues. My bad. Maybe you could get me a license so I can get support, since I'm a broke joke?

Comment

• cbiweb
        • Apr 2004
        • 4.1.x

I'm sorry but that's the policy here. Your friend should be posting, since he/she is licensed. OR.... have him/her add you to the Priority Support List. No matter what, there is no support for anyone who isn't registered there.

And stomping in with a 'tude won't get you far once you're able to post.
        ~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

Originally posted by spencerp
          Thanks for the wonderful reply. It really helped the issue. I'm posting on behalf of a friend that IS licensed, I'm sorry I didn't have the money to shell out for a license so I could get support for an online software. I just assumed there was support for anyone with software issues. My bad. Maybe you could get me a license so I can get support, since I'm a broke joke?
          To get vB support on these forums you first need to be a licensed customer and register for Priority Forum Support. To do this, please go here:

http://members.vbulletin.com/membersupport_priority.php

...and enter your email address in one of the boxes. You will also have to select the specific forums that you wish to have access at. You'll need to have your customer number and password to access the page. Once you've done this, please post in the appropriate support forum for your version.

If you are having an issue on a particular site powered by vBulletin, contact the administrator of that site for support.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...