This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kyrgyz
    • Oct 2007

I suspect that the whole pre-sale thing was about collecting money so that vBulletin could hire more coders, etc and push vB4 wagon with rapid acceleration. The Gold release was more about being inline with the pre-sale event then QA. So, catching up with the true Gold standard was probably aimed at 4.1 or 4.2 release. Hence, all these complaints are popping up like popcorn in the microwave.
    Last edited by kyrgyz; Wed 13 Jan '10, 2:14am.

Comment

• cyanide123
      • Oct 2008
      • 3.7.x

Thank You vbteam for 4.0.1 .Really , appreciate your hard work.

We are currently working on 4.0.2 and this should be released in 2 to 3 weeks. Here is a list of fixes that have already been completed for 4.0.2:

• And about 100 more bugs.
      If you have already fixed many bugs , then why not included it in 4.0.1 instead of 4.0.2 ?

I mean the customers would have got a more finished product.

Rgds

Comment

• cbiweb
        • Apr 2004
        • 4.1.x

Originally posted by cyanide123
        If you have already fixed many bugs , then why not included it in 4.0.1 instead of 4.0.2 ?
        That's already been explained in another thread or two, or three, or......
        ~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~

Comment

• cyanide123
          • Oct 2008
          • 3.7.x

oh sry..

Will browse through forum to check dat 1 , 2 , 3 ...thread/s.

Comment

• Mike Anime
            • Oct 2004
            • 3.7.x

the threads are in the licenced customer area.

Comment

• HydraulicJack
              • Feb 2007
              • 3.8.x

Originally posted by kyrgyz
              I suspect that the whole pre-sale thing was about collecting money so that vBulletin could hire more coders, etc and push vB4 wagon with rapid acceleration. The Gold release was more about being inline with the pre-sale event then QA. So, catching up with the true Gold standard was probably aimed at 4.1 or 4.2 release. Hence, all these complaints are popping up like popcorn in the microwave.
              Yeah 4.1 or 4.2, maybe... and how long will that be do you think? If we're taking a month to get the next 4.0.x? Another 6 to 9 months for 4.1 4.2? Will there even be such a version as a 4.2 where most of the functionality we've all been requesting finally appears, before we get squeezed for more license fees for a 5.0?
              Please keep up... til you're ready to lead!

Comment

• Mike Anime
                • Oct 2004
                • 3.7.x

let them get 4.0.2 out before worring about 4.2

Comment

• ManagerJosh
                  • Jun 2002

Seeing how we're all in the dark for the most part, I think we should reserve judgement that three weeks is too long. However given the fact that vBulletin 4.0 has been a pain to work with all the bugs and it's extremely odd quirks, three weeks spent undoing that mess doesn't seem that bad.
                  ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                  Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• punchbowl
                    • Nov 2006
                    • 4.0.x

I've a lot of thoughts on this whole issue but I'm going to wait until tomorrow's thread on the exact same subject.

Comment

• Mike Anime
                      • Oct 2004
                      • 3.7.x

this is from Steve

Update: Please note that we are delaying the release of 4.0.2 because we are working to improve the quality of this build, primarily issues related to RTL languages and IE browsers. Currently we are targeting the end of next week for this release. While we know this will be a disappointment to some, we feel that it is more important to get these issues resolved in this version rather than pushing them to a future one.

Comment

• aussiefooty
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 6.0.X

What Mike has posted up is correct.
                        If you are wondering where he got that from.

Check the announcements board.....
                        I am not trying to hurt you but if you are ever in doubt check the announcements board before posting up on here. If the announcements board doesn't help you fill out a support ticket or send them an email.
                        Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
                        Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

• sross
                          • Mar 2004

Been using vbull for 9yrs now, 4.0 release imo wasn't gold so I'm staying on 3.8.4 for a while. I'm glad they are working hard to fix it but all that could be moot if a bunch of vbull owners file a class action lawsuit that bankrupts the company. That release was playing with fire, and the dev team are now the ones being burned. Been there done that at several IT houses.. project managers forcing crap through, damn the consequences.. (this is all speculation of course!)

Comment

• s0lidgr0und
                            • May 2007
                            • 3.6.x

I have 4.0.1 working as close to perfect as I'd like it to, thanks to the help of members on here in altering the code to make it functional, that I don't care when the next update comes out.
                            s.molinari - I would like to ask all customers to definitely feedback issues with the software and be specific with the issues, but to basically suck-up what happened in the past and try to just look forward.

Comment

• RS_Jelle
                              • Jul 2005

I'm most concerned about 4.0.3. The first 4.0.3 fixes are already two weeks old, 4.0.2 is still one week and then again three weeks to the next release? That's making six weeks of waiting for a fix :s
                              Minatica.be - Belgian/Dutch computer and technology site
                              DownloadsII - Add a downloads database to your vB 4

Comment

• HydraulicJack
                                • Feb 2007
                                • 3.8.x

Originally posted by RS_Jelle
                                I'm most concerned about 4.0.3. The first 4.0.3 fixes are already two weeks old, 4.0.2 is still one week and then again three weeks to the next release? That's making six weeks of waiting for a fix :s
                                This is only my opinion: You can prolly save yourself a lot of stress by assuming that this product functionally is still beta, and that a commercially functional system not requiring a lot of tech support and license holder community support for tweaking buggy code is somewhere between 30 and 60 days out, if all goes well.

That's what my business plan is, since I don't want a lot of p.o.'d end users and don't want to spend all of my time patching buggy code.

Of course I am quite open to being pleasantly surprised that a 14k Gold version may surface before that, but based on the pace and the staffing levels, my hunch is 30 to 60 days hopefully, and that is acknowledging that the small staff working on this is doing everything they can as fast as they can to get it done, and that they're very good at what they do.

Meanwhile, I too am sticking with 3.8.4.

Please IB, surprise me!
                                Please keep up... til you're ready to lead!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...