X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HydraulicJack
    • Feb 2007
    • 3.8.x

Three weeks seems like a long time to wait for 4.0.2

I appreciate the team's acknowledging that 4.0.1 was going to be a little later than promised, and then delivering.

I also really appreciate Don's listing what's been fixed in 4.0.1, and even what's already fixed in 4.0.2

I additionally appreciate Don's candor in offering a realistic estimate of a next release date for additional bug fixes.

That said - and this may go to the understaffing issue - given the LONG list of bugs already reported yet still not fixed on a product touted as Gold and for which payment has been made by us license holders, waiting three full additional weeks before receiving any further relief from the bug load on a product advertised as at present ready for commercial use in a live environment seems at best onerous.
    Please keep up... til you're ready to lead!
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

My God..... no matter what they do, someone is going to complain. Don said "2 to 3 weeks". Of course, that could mean earlier, or it could mean later.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• S1OPP
      • Jul 2005

Priceless

Comment

• HOPEnSPIRIT
        • Dec 2009

Do you want 200 things fixed in 2-3 weeks or 1 thing fixed for tomorrow?

Comment

• HydraulicJack
          • Feb 2007
          • 3.8.x

I'd just like to receive access to another batch in two weeks rather than three. Did you miss my statements of appreciation for what's been delivered? Are you all saying that you think it's actually Gold at this polint,
          functional in a live environment? That's a sincere question, btw, not rhetorical.

Comment

• HydraulicJack
            • Feb 2007
            • 3.8.x

I think establishing a pattern of delivering what they've got to us every two weeks until it's really Gold enough that our end users don't drive us nuts would be a reasonable commitment.

Comment

• whitetigergrowl
              • Jun 2004
              • 5.1.x

I don't care what software this is. This isn't a friggin' fast food restaurant.

If you want a good steak, you wait patiently. If you want a cheap sloppy burger, you get it right away and not looking like the picture.

Me, I prefer steak. It's more satisyfing and not as sloppy.

Comment

• Mike Anime
                • Oct 2004
                • 3.7.x

Originally posted by whitetigergrowl

If you want a good steak, you wait patiently. If you want a cheap sloppy burger, you get it right away and not looking like the picture.

this is just pure gold

Comment

• HydraulicJack
                  • Feb 2007
                  • 3.8.x

Originally posted by whitetigergrowl

Yeah I thot gold = steak but it didn't... I'm willing to wait for steak too. I'd also like to receive updates bi-weekly on bug fixes. (burp) scuse me.

Comment

• Mike Anime
                    • Oct 2004
                    • 3.7.x

Originally posted by HydraulicJack
                    Yeah I thot gold = steak but it didn't... I'm willing to wait for steak too. I'd also like to receive updates bi-weekly on bug fixes. (burp) scuse me.
                    as much as i hate to admit it this is the worst gold vB has ever done AFAIK. that being said it is good to see they are hard at work fixing this blunder.

if this vB product was a steak i would have sent it back to the kitchen to get more fully cooked till it was medium well (burp) pass the A1 will ya

Comment

• cbiweb
                      • Apr 2004
                      • 4.1.x

@OP: I'm willing to wait a month or two for the next version, if it would be THE version we all expected in December.
                      ~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~

Comment

• Mike Anime
                        • Oct 2004
                        • 3.7.x

Originally posted by cbiweb
                        @OP: I'm willing to wait a month or two for the next version, if it would be THE version we all expected in December.
                        same here 4.0.0 is not really gold but it was close enough for my small site to go live with. i am just happy to see things moving this quickley.

funny how many people whined about the 4.0.1 deadline being pushed back and it was just ONE DAY after vB said it wouldn't be out till later this week and they already have some 4.0.2 bugs being worked on and or labled as fixed only needing to go through AQ to be really fixed.

Comment

• Ahmed
                          • Jan 2010

Well, I'll give them a month to fix more bugs and get a real gold version. And I'm sure if there is any thing discovered needs a patch release, then we will get it before 4.0.2 just as we got the patch level 1 after one day of releasing version 4.0.

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
                            • Feb 2005
                            • 1.1.x

Why does not IB not just create a testing live site for members to play with instead of using support forums, as you can see the results when things do not turn out right....

You can have a site with several hundred thousand... million threads posting with
                            1a. Hundred Thousand threads posting with dozens of forums/subforums on a average hosting package
                            1b. Million(s) threads posting with dozens of forums/subforums on a average hosting package
                            2a. Hundred Thousand threads posting with dozens of forums/subforums on a VSP/DED hosting package
                            2b. Million(s) threads posting with dozens of forums/subforums on a VSP/DED server hosting package

(On a new customer perspective, when you come and see that the site is mainly has down time.... I would stay clear of software that seems to have performance problems, thou it maybe hardware. Any potential customer that visits here will not know that is the problem happening now.

Comment

• Mike Anime
                              • Oct 2004
                              • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Jose Amaral Rego
                              Why does not IB not just create a testing live site for members to play with instead of using support forums, as you can see the results when things do not turn out right....

You can have a site with several hundred thousand... million threads posting with
                              1a. Hundred Thousand threads posting with dozens of forums/subforums on a average hosting package
                              1b. Million(s) threads posting with dozens of forums/subforums on a average hosting package
                              2a. Hundred Thousand threads posting with dozens of forums/subforums on a VSP/DED hosting package
                              2b. Million(s) threads posting with dozens of forums/subforums on a VSP/DED server hosting package

(On a new customer perspective, when you come and see that the site is mainly has down time.... I would stay clear of software that seems to have performance problems, thou it maybe hardware. Any potential customer that visits here will not know that is the problem happening now.
                              the beta testers should really hit the forums and suite much harder during testing.

the QA people need to step things up a little as far as pushing things to their limits.

now i am not saying they are doing a bad job i just think they need to hit these things with a big board user base with like 5 times the current registered users here and post count aswell.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...