Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RadioErewan
    • Feb 2008
    • 3.8.x

vb.org is now very slow (power drained to vb.com?). See no slowdowns on vb.com. Noticed wrong read marking on settings (see posts and PMs I just have read).

Comment

• Ingenious
      • Mar 2008
      • 3.8.x

I've been away for a few days. Just to clarify I am talking about this website (vbulletin.com) not anyone else's forum running vB4.

Whilst away I tried accessing it via a mobile network and it was still slow. Since coming back to my home landline connection it is still running slow.

FYI my ISP does not traffic shape and I have not used up my monthly allowance. With the greatest respect, if that was the case do you not think I would have noticed ALL websites were running slow???

However if other people are finding this forum is quick, I can only assume it's my netbook struggling with the bloat. Some pages seem to load and then there is a big pause before I can scroll down (or it waits then catches up). The sidebar on the main page is causing me problems. Even switched off it still seems to load part of the page then it spreads out to fill up the gap.

I'm looking forward to seeing if 4.0.1 is quicker.
      Fireworks

Comment

• Mike Anime
        • Oct 2004
        • 3.7.x

the reason vB.org was mentioned is it is on the same server group as this site

i see no slow down here today or what little time i was here yesterday.

Comment

• Paul M
          Former Lead Developer
          vB.Com & vB.Org
          • Sep 2004

The issues were fixed yesterday (or the day before ? Im losing track)
          Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• Paul M
            Former Lead Developer
            vB.Com & vB.Org
            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by RadioErewan
            vb.org is now very slow (power drained to vb.com?). See no slowdowns on vb.com. Noticed wrong read marking on settings (see posts and PMs I just have read).
            There is no power drain. Despite what some think, there is no magic system that allocates more resources to vb.com. The main reason you saw different symptoms is that vb.com is using the slave db server, while vb.org is not - thats why .com seemed a bit faster, but suffered from the replication lag (marking read delays, forum stats delays etc), while .org seemed slower, but no replication lag.
            Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• Mike Anime
              • Oct 2004
              • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Paul M
              There is no power drain. Despite what some think, there is no magic system that allocates more resources to vb.com. The main reason you saw different symptoms is that vb.com is using the slave db server, while vb.org is not - thats why .com seemed a bit faster, but suffered from the replication lag (marking read delays, forum stats delays etc), while .org seemed slower, but no replication lag.

thanks for the heads up Paul

Comment