• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bounce
    • Feb 2005
    • 4.2.x

Originally posted by icarusforde
    Muahahaha! I love being GMT+13.

Snow is overrated. Come to NZ, it's nice and warm here.

WARM!!! warm??

Its MINUS (-) 3 here

Tshirt material right enough

Comment

• JamieinNH
      • May 2004
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by icarusforde
      Snow is overrated. Come to NZ, it's nice and warm here.

NZ would be great, but isn't there a lot of rain there? Living in New Hampshire, USA I am very tired of the snow... Looking to move back down to North Carolina, USA next year..

Comment

• icarusforde
        • Feb 2009
        • 3.8.x

NZ would be great, but isn't there a lot of rain there? Living in New Hampshire, USA I am very tired of the snow... Looking to move back down to North Carolina, USA next year..
        Heck no! It's normally sunny. Sure, it rains a bit... However, nowhere nears as much as there is in a place like england or something like that.

Comment

• Ace
          • Apr 2004
          • 4.2.X

Originally posted by JamieinNH
          Only really in Hobbiton, the rest of the country is nice and fine.

Serious note: Where I come from originally is known as 'The Winterless North'. A bit of an exageration, but not too much.
          My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
          vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• icarusforde
            • Feb 2009
            • 3.8.x

Only really in Hobbiton, the rest of the country is nice and fine.

Serious note: Where I come from originally is known as 'The Winterless North'. A bit of an exageration, but not too much.
            Haha, Hobbitown. If I remember rightly, that was filmed down the road from me a bit - 1 or 2 hours away i think.

Comment

• bigwater
              • Jan 2007

Lot's of people don't realize that summer in the northern hemisphere is winter in the southern hemisphere, and vice versa. I imagine July-August is pretty friggin cold in New Zealand, cause it's pretty friggin hot here in the southeastern US.
              Anybody who says "it can't be done" will usually be interrupted by somebody who is already doing it.

Comment

• Ace
                • Apr 2004
                • 4.2.X

Originally posted by bigwater
                Lot's of people don't realize that summer in the northern hemisphere is winter in the southern hemisphere, and vice versa. I imagine July-August is pretty friggin cold in New Zealand, cause it's pretty friggin hot here in the southeastern US.
                New Zealand weather and New Zealand climate are dominated by the mountains and sea. New Zealand weather experiences mild temperatures, moderately high rainfall and many hours of sunshine. New Zealand weather for summer, autumn, winter and spring seasons are variable. New Zealand weather.

Because New Zealand lies in the Southern Hemisphere, the average temperature decreases as you travel south. The north of New Zealand is subtropical and the south temperate. The warmest months are December, January and February, and the coldest June, July and August. In summer, the average maximum temperature ranges between 20 - 30ºC and in winter between 10 - 15ºC.
                My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
                vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• Lynne
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  • Oct 2004

Originally posted by bigwater
                  Lot's of people don't realize that summer in the northern hemisphere is winter in the southern hemisphere, and vice versa.
                  That would be pretty scary if most people didn't know that. I mean, that's basic geography, no?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                  vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                  Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                  If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Shamil.
                    • Feb 2008
                    • 4.2.X

Move to the third richest place in the world... Canford Cliffs, with me:P
                    Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
                    VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
                    vBulletin Hosting and Services
                    Server / Website Consultation

Comment

• Ryan Ashbrook
                      • May 2003

I went to New Hampshire in July, absolutely loved it, we're planning on going back next year.

It got a bit cold at night, but I think it was because we were right by a lake...
                      Ryan Ashbrook - My Blog - My Twitter

Comment

• icarusforde
                        • Feb 2009
                        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Lynne
                        That would be pretty scary if most people didn't know that. I mean, that's basic geography, no?
                        But not unheard of... :-P Some people are pretty dumb.

Comment

• JamieinNH
                          • May 2004
                          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Ryan Ashbrook
                          I went to New Hampshire in July, absolutely loved it, we're planning on going back next year.

It got a bit cold at night, but I think it was because we were right by a lake...
                          New Hampshire is a nice place, I have loved living here for the last 12 years, but it's time to head back home.. The one draw back for me is the winters.. I don't ski, or like playing in the snow, so it gets old quickly..

I will definitely come back to vacation here... I will just pick my timing..

Comment

• kyrgyz
                            • Oct 2007

The one draw back for me is the winters.. I don't ski, or like playing in the snow, so it gets old quickly..
                            I bet you won't miss paying higher utilities either (power, natural gas).
                            Imagine living in Fairbanks, Alaska!! -20F today.
                            Last edited by kyrgyz; Wed 30 Dec '09, 11:56pm.

Comment

• Bounce
                              • Feb 2005
                              • 4.2.x

so anyway....... back to the topic lol

Comment

• JamieinNH
                                • May 2004
                                • 3.8.x

Originally posted by kyrgyz
                                I bet you won't miss paying higher utilities either (power, natural gas).
                                Imagine living in Fairbanks, Alaska!! -20F today.
                                I couldn't even bring to imagine living in a place with that extreme temperatures!

Originally posted by Bounce
                                so anyway....... back to the topic lol
                                Sorry about the off topic stuff.. I'll stop now.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...