• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • icarusforde
    • Feb 2009
    • 3.8.x

Having trouble with the site...

OK, I have a problem....

I keep getting PM Notification Pop Ups, regardless of the fact that I have read the message - it came through last week. I'm also not able to change settings to turn off these notifications, or indeed change any settings at all.

I've logged out, cleared cookies, cleared caches, tried in two different browsers and I''m still having this problem. *tears out hair*

Anyone know anything that could help?
  • Colin F
    • May 2004

I'm guessing that replication is lagging, which would cause these issues. I'm not sure what the cause of the lag is though.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• Anders P
      • Feb 2002

I can't seem to mark forums read, maybe related?

/Anders
      Anders Pettersson
      Don't send me requests by PM to email you the Swedish language file that I have done. My translation is only available here at vbulletin.com to licensed users.
      If you want updates on when a new version of the Swedish language packs (forum & suite) are available, subscribe to this discussion.
      Don't PM me for support on how to install language files etc. please post in the appropriate forum, that will most likely give you help quicker.

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
        • Feb 2005
        • 1.1.x

Popularity of vBulletin down a bit.... This is a major bug....

.wysiwyg_block { BORDER-BOTTOM: #6b91ab 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #6b91ab 1px solid; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 10px; BORDER-TOP: rgb(255,255,255) 1px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #6b91ab 1px solid } .wysiwyg_block .blockrow:first-child { BACKGROUND: url(images/gradients/gradient-greytowhite.png) repeat-x left top } .wysiwyg_block IFRAME.textbox { BORDER-BOTTOM: #6b91ab 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #6b91ab 1px solid; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; BACKGROUND: #f3f7f9; BORDER-TOP: #6b91ab 1px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #6b91ab 1px solid } .wysiwyg_block .formcontrols .blockrow { BORDER-TOP: 0px } .wysiwyg { FONT: 13px Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif } .wysiwyg HR.previewbreak { BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; BACKGROUND-COLOR: red; HEIGHT: 6px; COLOR: red; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-RIGHT: medium none } .wysiwyg P { MARGIN: 0px } .wysiwyg .inlineimg { VERTICAL-ALIGN: middle } .wysiwyg IMG.previewthumb { MARGIN: 1px; WIDTH: auto !important; MAX-WIDTH: 150px; HEIGHT: auto !important; MAX-HEIGHT: 150px } .wysiwyg IMG { MARGIN: 1px; WIDTH: auto !important; MAX-WIDTH: 150px; HEIGHT: auto !important; MAX-HEIGHT: 150px } .wysiwyg OL.decimal LI { LIST-STYLE-POSITION: outside; LIST-STYLE-TYPE: decimal } .wysiwyg OL.upper-roman LI { LIST-STYLE-POSITION: outside; LIST-STYLE-TYPE: upper-roman } .wysiwyg OL.lower-roman LI { LIST-STYLE-POSITION: outside; LIST-STYLE-TYPE: lower-roman } .wysiwyg OL.upper-alpha LI { LIST-STYLE-POSITION: outside; LIST-STYLE-TYPE: upper-alpha } .wysiwyg OL.lower-alpha LI { LIST-STYLE-POSITION: outside; LIST-STYLE-TYPE: lower-alpha } .wysiwyg IMG.previewthumbactive { BORDER-BOTTOM: red 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: red 1px solid; MARGIN: 0px; BORDER-TOP: red 1px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: red 1px solid } Or is it that I own the whole works now.... Free vBulletin for all til Jan 01, 2010 12:00pm (jest)
        Click image for larger version

Name:	soalonehere.png
Views:	2
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	3677394
        Attached Files

Comment

• bigwater
          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by icarusforde
          OK, I have a problem....

I keep getting PM Notification Pop Ups, regardless of the fact that I have read the message - it came through last week. I'm also not able to change settings to turn off these notifications, or indeed change any settings at all.

I've logged out, cleared cookies, cleared caches, tried in two different browsers and I''m still having this problem. *tears out hair*

Anyone know anything that could help?
          This happens occasionally due to a bug somewhere that nobody's ever been able to find. My suspicion is a simultaneous query occurring on the database that causes the messageread field in the pm table to be updated, but not the pmunread field in the user table. It's a frustrating problem that so far i've only been able to solve by manually setting the pmunread field to 0 for the affected user. It's only happened to me about 1/2 dozen times over the years, and the lack of repeatability drives me crazy.
          Anybody who says "it can't be done" will usually be interrupted by somebody who is already doing it.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
            vBulletin Support
            • Aug 2002
            • 5.7.X

It's to do with the replication lagging as described in Colin's post above. If you're about betweeen the hours of 2am and 3am PST, you'll see it happening then sometimes too...
            Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
            - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Lynne
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Oct 2004

Yeah, things are definitely funky on the site right now, with not being able to Mark Forums Read being one of them.

Here's a screencap of the What's New a second ago - look at the times in the Last Post box :/

Name:	times_off.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	3677395

(it doesn't seem to 'see' my attachment right now either.)

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
              vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
              Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
              If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• bigwater
                • Jan 2007

The OP's problem has been going on ever since 3.6 was released. It has not been introduced in 4.0. There are posts about it on this very site going back a long time, but never a resolution.
                Anybody who says "it can't be done" will usually be interrupted by somebody who is already doing it.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                  vBulletin Support
                  • Aug 2002
                  • 5.7.X

See that every morning between 10 and 11 GMT Lynne...
                  Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                  - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Lynne
                    Former vBulletin Support
                    • Oct 2004

Yeah, I remember the discussion, Trevor, but I've never seen it happen before, so it's kinda funky for me.

Oh, and I guess I'm the only one online. lol

Name:	online.png
Views:	1
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	3677396

(I'll bet this attachment won't show right now either though.)

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
                      • Feb 2005
                      • 1.1.x

vBulletin 4 Suite on vBulletin.com is Buggingout...

Do not know if posting is the problem, but got to try again. Anybody alive here, as it looks completely deserted. 4:00 pm MST Dec 29 09

Comment

• JamieinNH
                        • May 2004
                        • 3.8.x

I had a hard time logging in, I finally did a screen cast of it to show what it was doing. If I did not click the remember me option it would thank me for logging in, but when it refreshed I wasn't really logged in.

Now, since I did tick the Remember me option I am logged in, but the only one online... I have a screen shot of that.

There are problems with this forum script and it seems to be happening to me more since they issued that patch right after Gold. I don't know if it has anything to do with it or not.

Jamie

Comment

• icarusforde
                          • Feb 2009
                          • 3.8.x

It's fixed for me...

But i posted this thread, and it went and hid somewhere (couldnt find it AT ALL) and now it pops back up again. *doh*

Gotta love the internet.

Comment

• Paul M
                            Former Lead Developer
                            vB.Com & vB.Org
                            • Sep 2004

The current issues appear to be due to replication lag.
                            Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• icarusforde
                              • Feb 2009
                              • 3.8.x

LOL, i finally got what you were trying to say through the screenshots.

It's a bug atm, dw bout it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...