Questions I would like to see Joe respond to:

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Colin F
    • May 2004

We could get into endless hypotheticals on what everything IB could do.
    The facts right now are that there are no plans to remove access to old versions.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• smiggy
      • Jul 2007
      • 3.8.x

Again, I'd appreciate if I could see an announcement regarding the availability of 3.8.5 considering now you've confirmed you still plan to support it and fix bugs.

At this point in time many of us should be expecting the release of 3.8.7. Jeez.

Comment

• Mike Anime
        • Oct 2004
        • 3.7.x

Originally posted by centris

If I purchase a vb4 forum licence at $195 I will still run my vb3 site as this is not a renewal. If you have an issue with this then you are free to take whatever action you see fit, however as my vb3 licence is under UK jurisdiction I look forward to seeing you in a UK court.

have fun spending THOUSANDS of dollars on a product that costs less than 500.00

you know what they say about fools and their money.

i can sort of see the point however why not have us agree to the TOS of what we are downloading

IE we download 3.x.x we agree to that tos

we download 4.x.x we agree to that tos.

i do not agree with your tatics on these forums no matter if you have a valid point or not, and i am not 100% sure you do.

Comment

• Colin F
          • May 2004

Originally posted by Mike Anime
          i can sort of see the point however why not have us agree to the TOS of what we are downloading

This is now the case, though for legal reasons there are a few amendments to the 3.x TOs.
          Best Regards
          Colin Frei

Comment

• Ryan Ashbrook
            • May 2003

Originally posted by Colin F
            This is now the case, though for legal reasons there are a few amendments to the 3.x TOs.
            This is good news.
            Ryan Ashbrook - My Blog - My Twitter

Comment

• centris
              • Jun 2001
              • 3.8.x

i do not agree with your tatics on these forums no matter if you have a valid point or not, and i am not 100% sure you do.
              You must have missed this, you can run both versions if you purchase the full licence, extra $20 in my case.

Comment

• Shamil.
                • Feb 2008
                • 4.2.X

How aout multiple board owners?
                Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
                VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
                vBulletin Hosting and Services
                Server / Website Consultation

Comment

• centris
                  • Jun 2001
                  • 3.8.x

Quite frankly, I do not give a toss what you think. On the change to the vb3 TOS, which is basically a jurisdiction change, seems my argument weeks ago was correct, in fact this is a retrospective change. So I now assume that those who agreed to the vb4 licence over the last weeks in order to download vb3 patches, then that agreement should now be superseded by this new agreement?? Or do we have two groups of people with different agreements who download the same patch? Secondly; as the vb3 licence now has no reference to vb4 whatsoever, it cannot be an upgrade. The actions on the licence fiasco become more preposterous by the week.

Colin F, What are those legal reasons, pray tell??

Comment

• Colin F
                    • May 2004

Originally posted by centris
                    Quite frankly, I do not give a toss what you think. On the change to the vb3 TOS, which is basically a jurisdiction change, seems my argument weeks ago was correct, in fact this is a retrospective change. So I now assume that those who agreed to the vb4 licence over the last weeks in order to download vb3 patches, then that agreement should now be superseded by this new agreement?? Or do we have two groups of people with different agreements who download the same patch? Secondly; as the vb3 licence now has no reference to vb4 whatsoever, it cannot be an upgrade. The actions on the licence fiasco become more preposterous by the week.

Colin F, What are those legal reasons, pray tell??
                    Things like the change of company name, address and jurisdiction.

If you want to know exactly what the license terms for your license(s) are, please open a support ticket to my attention and I'll do my best to clear up any questions you have.
                    Best Regards
                    Colin Frei

Comment

• centris
                      • Jun 2001
                      • 3.8.x

Thanks Colin I had already read that, my point was why the change of heart after the event i.e. forcing folks to agree to the vb4 licence to download vb3 patches or re-download vb3 full package again, but I am sure you understood what I meant. I already have a support ticket open from November where I asked a question, please re-read I would welcome a reply.

Comment

• Colin F
                        • May 2004

Your ticket is assigned to the legal department - they're not really used to working with our ticket system though, and I'll ask someone to nudge them.

Just to clarify though - with the recent changes, someone with a 3.x license downloading vBulletin 3.x would not have to agree to anything new except some legal formalities.
                        Best Regards
                        Colin Frei

Comment

• Shamil.
                          • Feb 2008
                          • 4.2.X

Is Patrick available? My ticket's been opened for nearly two weeks, and I haven't had a satisfactory or full answer on either legal tickets.
                          Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
                          VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
                          vBulletin Hosting and Services
                          Server / Website Consultation

Comment

• cloferba
                            • Apr 2009
                            • 3.8.x

hello...

impex developer doesnt entered to the site since 28 december.
                            Last version of impex has lot of errors...see impex forum, i couldnt use impex with my site.
                            vBulletin Services I offer: www.Todo10.com
                            Technical vB/Server/Hosting support Service also!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...