X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gomjaba
    • Jan 2005
    • 3.5.x

Direct download link

At the moment you have to download the files from a PC with a browser and then upload the files via FTP.

It would be nice if you could login to the members are and maybe get a temporary direct download link (which i.e expires after 5 or 10 minutes) so you can wget the files directly onto the server

My Linux server for example don't have FTP access or any kind of browser for that matter. I normally WinSCP which isn't a big deal considering the file size .. just would be nice if I could skip that step as I install vbulletin quite often for other people as well so it would make things easier if they could just send me the link and I grab it directly
    I'm not under the alkafluence of inkahol like some thinkle peep I am!
  • Homeworld'sa
    • Sep 2009
    • 3.8.x

If your server has no FTP access, then that is a problem.
    Don't like this idea, could put too much strain on the server trying to find the files and holding them there.
    That's it. If you REALLY can't say ANYTHING nice to me at all on this forum, then I am going to go insanely mad at you. I've had enough of the UNTOLD ABUSE you are all giving me and you should really be CONSIDERATE of other people.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...