X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rgf207
    • Apr 2004
    • 4.2.X

Why do we have to log in 2 times to download

Just a question. Why do we need to enter our customer number and password twice on the front page to access the members area? I have to log in as a customer and then again to access members area?
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

To avoid this just go straight to http://members.vbulletin.com, you'll be asked to log in just the once that way.
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Colin F
      • May 2004

Unfortunately the logins aren't fully integrated. This is mainly because the current login system wasn't meant to run over multiple subdomains (members. and www.). We're planning to change the login system so this doesn't occur, but I'm not sure when that'll happen.
      Best Regards
      Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• rgf207
        • Apr 2004
        • 4.2.X

Thanks for the replies. I was just wondering why it was like that. It's not a big deal. I was just curious.

Comment

• biome.pat
          • Aug 2008
          • 3.7.x

Just wanted to chime in that the current login is inconvenient for another reason. Extensions for services like LastPass are becoming more common, and while most every other site allows LastPass to fill in their credentials for them, this doesn't work for sites that use javascript dialog popups. Anyhow, just wanted to voice my frustration that I still need to keep your login credentials recorded somewhere else, even though practically EVER other established online service allows for lastpast use.

Cheers!

Comment

• Jerz
            • Apr 2007
            • 3.8.x

That is honestly more for LastPass to deal with. Also I have had no problems with LastPass for FireFox filling in my vBulletin Member's area information.

Comment

• Mike Anime
              • Oct 2004
              • 3.7.x

othe rprograms also wont do the pop log in.

i use roboform great little toolbar but for vB members area i have to use the windows login tool

Comment

• Redseal
                • May 2007

Why not use vb suite on vbulletin.com? It doesn't make much sense that there is additional content on this domain that is not managed by the product being sold. It should be able to serve the pages that are currently there, and provide the link to the members section where you can login with your customer number after you authenticate through the system.
                I love lamp

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...