Could someone enable searching in the vB 4.0 Beta forum?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Abomination
    • Jul 2008

Could someone enable searching in the vB 4.0 Beta forum?

It would be great to be able to search in the "vB 4.0 Beta" forum, the one just below vbulletin sales area. That might cut down on some of the repeated questions.

• cellarius
    • Aug 2005
    • 3.8.x

I can search it.

Comment

• Abomination
      • Jul 2008

Ok, let me clarify.

I want to do an advanced search on just the "vB 4.0 Beta" forum. When doing an advanced search there is no drop down menu to select that forum, that is what I am asking to be fixed.

For instance I am trying to figure out is anyone else is having the same issues I am, I cannot search for 3 letter items on my shared server. Many results came up when doing an advanced search not in the "vB 4.0 Beta" forum but there were so many and the format so difficult to read I don't know if any were in the "vB 4.0 Beta" forum. So I started a thread about searching for short items (2 or 3 characters) and it is now buried in that forum. Now I will need to go bump it and hope the mods are not upset about that. I've also left a question in the comments on anders blog. The next step I suppose will be the bug tracker, where it will waste the developers time reading it, and I will need to keep bumping that because they give no indication that it was read.

This is a strange way to communicate.

Sorry if it sounds like a rant, I do everything possible not to be a pest, but if I could simply do and advanced search in the "vB 4.0 Beta" forum then I would be less of a bother.

Comment

• cellarius
        • Aug 2005
        • 3.8.x

I understood what you meant, and I said: I can do that.

Either use the search this forum dropdown in forumdisplay, or goto search by type page on advanced search and select that forum there: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/search.php?search_type=1

Comment

• Abomination
          • Jul 2008

Originally posted by cellarius
          I understood what you meant, and I said: I can do that.

Either use the search this forum dropdown in forumdisplay, or goto search by type page on advanced search and select that forum there: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/search.php?search_type=1
          You are one of the brightest most helpful people on vb.com, thank you for helping me. I'm clearly missing something. Isn't it possible to list the "vB 4.0 Beta" forum in this list? Where the red line is?

Never mind, I cannot figure out how to attach a .jpg

:banghead:

Comment

• cellarius
            • Aug 2005
            • 3.8.x

That's how it looks for me:
            Click image for larger version

Name:	search.png
Views:	1
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	3675799

See the red arrow? There's the forum to select.

Comment

• cellarius
              • Aug 2005
              • 3.8.x

And that's in forumdisplay, see the dropdown at the right?

Name:	search2.jpg
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	3675800

Comment

• Abomination
                • Jul 2008

That's how it looks for me:
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]37847[/ATTACH]

See the red arrow? There's the forum to select.
                That is what is missing from my screen. You seem to be in the alpha group, I am not.

Originally I believe that forum was intended for communication within a small group of people and had permissions set accordingly. One of the posts in that forum showed up in 'new posts'. I went in there and high level people were discussing things including Ray. I made a post/thread and reported it letting them know that posts in that forum were showing up, as a courtesy. The next morning it was announced that forum was for every licensed customer to use and up until 2 days ago it was called something like "vb4 beta on vbulletin".

So what I am asking for is: someone with admin privileges on vbulletin.com to sort out the permissions.

Comment

• Abomination
                  • Jul 2008

And that's in forumdisplay, see the dropdown at the right?

[ATTACH]37850[/ATTACH]
                  I do indeed see that! but going into the advanced search the 'vb beta' forum is not in the drop down list.

Comment

• cellarius
                    • Aug 2005
                    • 3.8.x

Maybe it has to do with that - but the limited access forum still exists, and it's not the one we are talking about. Hopefully this will be sorted, but it's weekend, so it may well take some time. Be patient with the guys - Steve told us shortly what hours he works at them moment, seven days a week.

Comment

• Abomination
                      • Jul 2008

Maybe it has to do with that - but the limited access forum still exists, and it's not the one we are talking about. Hopefully this will be sorted, but it's weekend, so it may well take some time. Be patient with the guys - Steve told us shortly what hours he works at them moment, seven days a week.
                      There are probably several limited access forums on vbulletin.com, admins, mods, development, etc.

I understand that patience is needed, and I hope others involved at vb realize it takes much time for customers to sort through all the issues as well.

Thank you sir for the untold hours you have spent helping people and working on Alpha/beta!

Thank you Steve and Wayne for all of the countless hours you put in!

When you get a chance please allow normal licensed members to do and advanced search in the v4 beta forum, it will cut down on the posting in there and make your jobs easier! (maybe)

I am off now to bump my thread regarding searches for short terms/items on my downloaded v4 beta site.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                        Former Customer Support Manager
                        • Jul 2000

This is already set to yes. I have no idea why you can't see it.
                        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Abomination
                          • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                          This is already set to yes. I have no idea why you can't see it.
                          Apparently I am special. The red line I put in with MS Paint where the vb4 beta forum should be (I think).

Name:	Search Forums - vBulletin Community Forum_1258223184706.jpg
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	3675817

(On my own site I've got a test account for each user group.)

Thank you for taking the time to post in this thread on a weekend. I'm sure there are many other things you could be doing.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                            Former Customer Support Manager
                            • Jul 2000

Fill out a support ticket at:

We will need your forum login to investigate this.
                            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Abomination
                              • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                              Fill out a support ticket at:

We will need your forum login to investigate this.
                              Thanks so much! Submitted!

edit: my guess would be I'm doing something wrong.
                              Last edited by Abomination; Sat 14 Nov '09, 6:04pm. Reason: I cannot eve spell 'wrong' right! doh!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...