Dev Chat -- wouldn't this be a good use of the CMS?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Reeve of Shinra
    • Sep 2001

Dev Chat -- wouldn't this be a good use of the CMS?

Seriously ...

A page could house the HTML you used to insert the chat room and it would more appropriate than a locked forum and thread.

A transcript of the chat could be housed as an article, comments optional.

I think this is an example of where [we] are stuck inside of the box and not utilizing the tools [we] are creating.

It also empahsizes how the UI design needs to be improved so people SEE such announcements.
    Plan, Do, Check, Act!
  • dutchbb
    • Nov 2003
    • 3.8.x

I think it's because more people visit the forums and they want optimal visibility?

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

This is the first time we've done something like this. I'm sure there will be improvements in the future but for now it seems to be going very well.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Paul M
        Former Lead Developer
        vB.Com & vB.Org
        • Sep 2004

Next time please do it in the morning over there - 4 pm PST is midnight or later in Europe.
        Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• sportsfi
          • Oct 2008
          • 3.8.x

I think - taking into account it was the first time this was done - that overall it was a job well done, sure there are improvements to be made but an impressive start.

Comment

• nexialys
            • May 2004
            • 1.1.x

i second Reeve's suggestion... as Steve just say, it was the first time... so these suggestions have to be considered. Even if more people go directly into the forum when visiting THIS site, the goal of the http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/content.php page is to display the capabilities of the engine, not hide them... so a panel where we can read the chat would be an amazing opportunity to show the flexibility of the cms.
            oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

• captainslater
              • Jun 2006

01:00 am was a little too late (or too early) for me in Europe :/
              To infinity and beyond!
              Deutschsprachige vBulletin News & Tipps
              captainslater
              - Eine vBulletin Cloud-Site

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...