• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carlos 360
    Banned
    • May 2008
    • 3.7.x

Please hear me out VBsolutions.

I understand you guys need money to fund development.

But please hear me out. Okay? I've been a longtime, and I mean a really heavy supporter of vB, and I've only recently bought my first vbulletin license just a year ago.

I planned to buy more than 5 vbulletin licenses for my forum network. I planned to aggregate these forums into niche websites.

Now, understand that this economy has been really hard on me. I'm living in california, finding a job is HARD right now.

I was excited that you guys made the long-awaited changes, but my smiles went from happy to a big fat frown. Because your team didn't give me enough time to scrape together 130 bucks and re-buy vbulletin by buying vB4 suite - my upgrades service expires next month - so I'm left with no other options. Basically I'm screwed because I'M losing support NEXT month. I basically can't keep my forum secure.

When I saw the announcement about vB4 goin' on sale, I asked myself "how much is it!? I'll buy! I'll buy!" Then I saw the price: "Are you crazy?" This is no time to be dropping a bombshell, internet brands!

Okay, so I keep my cool when I saw the pre-sale event, what's the price tag? "130 bucks" Okay, sounds reasonable. My first instinct is to buy it. But I see the date when it expires: "Man, that's not enough time!" To me, its like a kick in the face.

I would have been FINE if you guys gave us some time and room to find the money and buy your product. You DO want more customers, right?

Basically, right now, I'm stressed out and really upset that vb4 [pre]sale ends TOMMORROW. I bet you guys are laughing and giggling with each other about making more money, and stressing everyone out.

I love vbulletin, but I can't afford it. I think Internet Brands/Vbulletin Solutions wants to reach rich people, and doesn't care about anyone else.
    Last edited by Carlos 360; Wed 28 Oct '09, 6:10pm.
  • Esquire2010
    • Oct 2009

Offering more support for newcomers to vb!

What about offering free installation of vb software for new customers of the product considering
    that the vb team charge enough for the software anyway as it is and have reached a big customer
    base already?
    I take it the 4.0 release will be beta when it is finally available for download which will be when
    exactly any clues?

Comment

• Shamil.
      • Feb 2008
      • 4.2.X

No, it will be in Gold, well, beta to me, and it should be released in Q4 2009, between now and 31st December.
      Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
      VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
      vBulletin Hosting and Services
      Server / Website Consultation

Comment

• Final Kaoss
        • Nov 2006

You had the whole month to preorder it. All I can say is you should've jumped on the chance while it was there.

Originally posted by Carlos 360

Basically, right now, I'm stressed out and really upset that vb4 {pre}sale ends TOMMORROW. I bet you guys are laughing and giggling with each other about making more money, and stressing everyone out.

I love vbulletin, but I can't afford it. I think Internet Brands/Vbulletin Solutions wants to reach rich people, and doesn't care about anyone else.

Comment

• VonDoom
          • Dec 2008
          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by scylla22
          You had the whole month to preorder it. All I can say is you should've jumped on the chance while it was there.
          More like 2 weeks. A month would have been nice.

Comment

• Homeworld'sa
            • Sep 2009
            • 3.8.x

Sorry, but you're wrong there. We were given 2 WEEKS to order it. Barely any time to consider and buy. To the time one week before the gold release would have been great.
            That's it. If you REALLY can't say ANYTHING nice to me at all on this forum, then I am going to go insanely mad at you. I've had enough of the UNTOLD ABUSE you are all giving me and you should really be CONSIDERATE of other people.

Comment

• Loco.M
              • Mar 2005
              • 3.5.x

We all knew 4.0 was coming, and a lot of us knew about the price increase (leaked info) since back in april
              2 weeks is plenty of time to come up with 130$ IMHO
              -- Web Developer for hire
              ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

• VonDoom
                • Dec 2008
                • 3.8.x

Really only one week to decide if you were waiting for a live demo. and if you wanted to see a live demo of the CMS well S.O.L comes to mind.

Comment

• VonDoom
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Loco.M
                  We all knew 4.0 was coming, and a lot of us knew about the price increase (leaked info) since back in april
                  How about $520.00

Comment

• Shamil.
                    • Feb 2008
                    • 4.2.X

Originally posted by VonDoom
                    How about $520.00
                    $130 x 25 for Floris....
                    Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
                    VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
                    vBulletin Hosting and Services
                    Server / Website Consultation

Comment

• Mark.B
                      vBulletin Support
                      • Feb 2004
                      • 6.0.X

Originally posted by Loco.M
                      That may be the case for you. It may not be the case for everyone.
                      MARK.B
                      vBulletin Support
                      ------------
                      My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                      My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• VonDoom
                        • Dec 2008
                        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by deuterium
                        $130 x 25 for Floris....
                        Yeah but im a bum that lives under the Picnic table at Mc Donalds and steals there WiFi.

Comment

• Dave B
                          • Apr 2001

Originally posted by VonDoom
                          Yeah but im a bum that lives under the Picnic table at Mc Donalds and steals there WiFi.

Howdy neighbor!

Comment

• fxlr8
                            • Jun 2007

I've tried asking for an extension of the sale or a coupon.....but the answer is always "sorry".... so looks like one of my sites will not be upgraded. If they extend the sale a bit past the 1st I am sure I could collect enough pennies.

Comment

• Floris
                              • Dec 2001

Originally posted by fxlr8
                              I've tried asking for an extension of the sale or a coupon.....but the answer is always "sorry".... so looks like one of my sites will not be upgraded. If they extend the sale a bit past the 1st I am sure I could collect enough pennies.

Hope that helps.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...