Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GoTTi
    • Jul 2002

affiliate program no more?

is the affiliate program still active? i dont see the information on the new site layout.
  • birdie
    • Aug 2004

yes; check it out at cj.com

Comment

• GoTTi
      • Jul 2002

im already part of the affiliate program, i just didnt see it on here so i didnt know if they were properly setup with the affiliate tools yet

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

Not all of the "plumbing" from previous pages has been hooked up yet. We are working on the additional pages to get them live. I do not have an estimate at this time though.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Loco.M
          • Mar 2005
          • 3.5.x

I was wondering about this too, but thought I would wait.
          Well we get paid more for affiliate sales since vBulletin now cost more?
          I hope so
          -- Web Developer for hire
          ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

• Jefff
            • Jun 2005
            • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
            Not all of the "plumbing" from previous pages has been hooked up yet. We are working on the additional pages to get them live. I do not have an estimate at this time though.
            Do you not think it would have been a good idea to get the new site finished before making it live?
            Not only was it unfinished, it was full of bugs, even basic problems like links leading to 404 pages.

This looks very unprofessional and gives the impression that the company was desperate to earn some money quickly.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
              vBulletin Technical Support Lead
              • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Jefff
              Do you not think it would have been a good idea to get the new site finished before making it live?
              Not only was it unfinished, it was full of bugs, even basic problems like links leading to 404 pages.
              All necessary pages were updated. The affiliate program page has never been linked into the other pages and the basic page does exist. It just needs its content.

The new site was tested both in a sandbox and semi-live state before going live. However there are always issues taking a system live that you either didn't expect or was overlooked in the test suite.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Floris
                • Dec 2001

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                All necessary pages were updated. The affiliate program page has never been linked into the other pages and the basic page does exist. It just needs its content.

The new site was tested both in a sandbox and semi-live state before going live. However there are always issues taking a system live that you either didn't expect or was overlooked in the test suite.

That's how I found the contact_sales.php file to still be there, but shouldn't have. Colin fixed that.

It's quite understandable that not every situation in a 'live' business environment can go 'live' at the same time.

Comment

• Jefff
                  • Jun 2005
                  • 3.7.x

It looks like they didn't put the affiliate tracking into the new system, so anyone who has been making sales of the new version won't have received their commission.

I've been looking at the affiliate stats on Commission Junction (see the attached image) and the 7 day trend graph has been at zero since October 22, which would be what would happen if no sales had tracked under the new system. Please get this fixed as soon as possible and make compensation payments to those people who have missed out on commission.

Click image for larger version

Name:	advertiser_trend_chart.png
Views:	1
Size:	3.8 KB
ID:	3675517

Comment

• GoTTi
                    • Jul 2002

has the affiliate program been fixeD??

Comment

• GoTTi
                      • Jul 2002

has the affiliate program been fixed?

Comment

• Phillip Chapman
                        • Jul 2001
                        • 3.7.x

It appears not. Clicks are still registering. I had a sale this week from a reported member but CJ is showing no record of it beyond the clicks/impressions.

Comment

• joeychgo
                          • Mar 2004

I was told to submit a support ticket. You guys might want to also. People are buying vB upgrades while the affilliate program is conveinantly not working.
                          Building my Automotive Forum Network...
                          Lincoln vs Cadillac - Mopar Forum - E Body Mopar Forum - B Body Mopar Forum - Pick Up Truck Forum - C Body Mopar Forum - FMJ Body Mopar Forum

Comment

• GoTTi
                            • Jul 2002

so whats up with this? is the affiliate program working?

Comment

• GoTTi
                              • Jul 2002

so whats up with this? is the affiliate program working?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...