Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lav0s
    • Sep 2005

About ranting over the forum

well i was thinking, most of the ranting in the forum about the so called rip off from buying a presale vb4, so i was thinking, why not calm down their flames and instead, for every person that bought a presale, give them a beta and let them start to compare, and then after the product is fully out, give them a 48 or 72 hours advantage time frame so they can install in their servers, all that just for having bought in the prerelease time.

only my suggestion, but i would like to hear you about this.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

I will pass your suggestion on.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• lav0s
      • Sep 2005

another suggestion

well, second thing i have seen most in some places dedicated to vbulletin.

from people that recently bought their full license, let's say 2 or 3 month ago, they are fully wanting the full suite but i was thinking on this, hope you take it into consideration.

that users who purchased within a 2 month time frame an owned license, get a different kind of discount, like, ok your cost was 180 for owned, you only need to pay 55usd to move to the new publishing suite, but only for people in that timeframe, more timeframe with the normal discounts that you are offering.

i think this will be the final kin of offer you can afford, because being honest, paying bills and personal is not free, and some want more cheaper but let's be just, it can't be cheaper because is a good quality soft, but sometimes one mis give to get, and i think that specially the latin and spanish community that uses vbulletin will be more than happier to accept this kind of offer instead of what almost 65% of the community that is thinking on migrating to other forum software.

just my little contribution.

p.s. please release a skinning sdk so when release date is due there are already skins available and they only need a few tweaks to fully work.

Comment

• Charlie_Brown
        • Dec 2006
        • 4.1.x

I too really hope those that have prebought the suit to get their hands on the beta. I think this would be a great thing to those that are in support for the upcoming release.

Comment

• tgcsniper
          • Dec 2008
          • 3.8.x

A skinning sdk would be really nice. Even though i have read many many tutorials on how to skin 3.x i still cant get the hang of it
          http://portal.thetgc.org/

Comment

• TheLastSuperman
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
            I will pass your suggestion on.
            I would have purchased it already if this would have been done. Wayne fight for us otherwise I'll just wait and the more I wait the longer my clients do

Mike

Former vBulletin Support Staff
            Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
            Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

Comment

• Mark.B
              vBulletin Support
              • Feb 2004
              • 6.0.X

Originally posted by TheLastSuperman
              I would have purchased it already if this would have been done. Wayne fight for us otherwise I'll just wait and the more I wait the longer my clients do

Mike
              Forget it - it's not happening, this has already been stated in a thread I started which was closed.
              MARK.B
              vBulletin Support
              ------------
              My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
              My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...