X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dutchbb
    • Nov 2003
    • 3.8.x

$250 vs $235

Is it me or is it more expensive to upgrade an inactive license than buying a completely new license (suite)? If so, isn't that a little unfair to existing customers?
  • Jerz
    • Apr 2007
    • 3.8.x

Yep.

Comment

• Ray Morgan
      Former vBulletin General Manager
      • Sep 2008
      • 3.7.x

Originally posted by dutchbb
      Is it me or is it more expensive to upgrade an inactive license than buying a completely new license (suite)? If so, isn't that a little unfair to existing customers?
      You should see a further $120 discount in your cart.

Comment

• Jerz
        • Apr 2007
        • 3.8.x

Nope.
        As dutchbb said, inactive licenses.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Black Tiger
          • Mar 2001

I don't see any discounts on the $195 forum only option, but it doesn't matter, way to expensive. Next to that you are scaring your customers away with a 2 weeks notice take it or pay more deal for something which can't be seen nore tested.

Wake up guys, the world is in an economy crisis, you will loose massive goodwill and clients.
          At least you lost mine, and I was there for already 8 or 9 years, congrats with a rediculous deal. And goodbye if this will not change.
          Greetings, Black Tiger

Comment

• BlueFlame
            • Jan 2003
            • 3.8.x

Jerz, I can confirm the same thing
            @BlueFlame@

Comment

• Qwk86gn
              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Ray Morgan
              You should see a further $120 discount in your cart.
              Originally posted by Jerz
              Nope.
              As dutchbb said, inactive licenses.

For licenses that expired in the last 12 months, we are offering an extra $45 discount for advance ordering, in addition to the publicly available pre-sale savings of $50. This means the all new vB 4.0 Publishing Suite will cost you only $190, a total savings of $95.

For licenses that expired more than 12 month ago, we are offering an extra $25 discount for advance ordering, in addition to the publicly available pre-sale savings of $50. This means the all new vB 4.0 Publishing Suite will cost you only $210, a total savings of $75.
              Jerz's discount should be $95, as his license expired April 2009, so the Suite would cost $190 but as his screenshot shows no discount. (Bug?)

Comment

• Zachery
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Jul 2002

Its not currently implimented, we're working on getting it into the system.

Comment

• Shelby
                  • May 2004

No offense,

But this all seems rushed and completely amateur for a company like Internet Brands, the mistakes and misteps I mean.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...