X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Homeworld'sa
    • Sep 2009
    • 3.8.x

testing forum

Isn't that the easiest way for people's post count to go up? And there isn't really any rules about spamming in the test forum, so I recommend you disable post count in that section. A lot of users here probably got high post counts by posting lots of test messages.
    That's it. If you REALLY can't say ANYTHING nice to me at all on this forum, then I am going to go insanely mad at you. I've had enough of the UNTOLD ABUSE you are all giving me and you should really be CONSIDERATE of other people.
  • SNN
    • Jul 2006

If you'd try it, you'd notice that post count, is in fact, disabled in that forum.

Comment

• Homeworld'sa
      • Sep 2009
      • 3.8.x

Is it?
      There really should be bold text in the forum description like:
      Please note that posting in this forum does not contribute to your total post count.
      That's it. If you REALLY can't say ANYTHING nice to me at all on this forum, then I am going to go insanely mad at you. I've had enough of the UNTOLD ABUSE you are all giving me and you should really be CONSIDERATE of other people.

Comment

• SNN
        • Jul 2006

There used to be if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

• nexialys
          • May 2004
          • 1.1.x

ok, another thread about "postcount" ...

what is the value of the postcount on this forum?

>> NONE!

so why focus on that detail again?

>> NO REASON...

postcount high will not give you any credit to buy a license or have access to any extra part of the site.... period.
          oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

• hitmancode47
            • Jul 2008
            • 3.8.x

Member's have a right to test post code's etc. I cant really see how disabling post count to that area will have any effect then if it were enabled.
            Jut a random internet person.

A message to all illegal users!

Comment

• Floris
              • Dec 2001

Why don't you guys leave the "how to run a site" decisions to those who actually run the site? Who cares if they decide to enable or not postcount-counting. Post good content so you deserve the post+1 instead of making useless threads with useless replies. Good content provokes others to do the same, which is interesting to read and reply to, and the postcount goes up on its own. "it should do it" are pathetic arguments and they already have a group of staff that are big boys and can make their own decisions and have done so years ago. For OBVIOUS reasons the test forum shouldn't count posts. Nor is there a reason to inform people that it uses that setting or not.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...