Is vBulletin 3.8.5 going to be released this month?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • smiggy
    • Jul 2007
    • 3.8.x

Is vBulletin 3.8.5 going to be released this month?

The reason I ask is because I can't see any bugs which have been fixed from the time 3.8.4 was released. Many of the bug reports are still hanging as Unconfirmed and only a few have been Confirmed.

I understand everyone is focusing their efforts on vB 4.0 but thought I'd enquire anyway.

Prior to 3.8.4 being released some bugs were still fixed.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

It would be released towards the end of the month. However if no bugs are critical, I can see it being pushed back a few weeks.
    Last edited by Wayne Luke; Thu 1 Oct '09, 11:41am.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• smiggy
      • Jul 2007
      • 3.8.x

Thanks for your response Wayne.

I guess all we can do is sit back and wait.

Comment

• RS_Jelle
        • Jul 2005

It's strange to see so little 3.x bugs being fixed. Although I assume many of them also apply to v4? Isn't this part of fixing bugs in the alpha version?
        Minatica.be - Belgian/Dutch computer and technology site
        DownloadsII - Add a downloads database to your vB 4

Comment

• nexialys
          • May 2004
          • 1.1.x

i checked myself, and a load of these unfixed bugs are related to LAMP... not everybody have the same installation, and if vB have to be installable on a wide range of webservers, it need to be compatible with so much configurations, even the usage of simple functions like "file_get_contents" may become a real pain if the server itself is old and the php is set improperly...
          oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

• smiggy
            • Jul 2007
            • 3.8.x

There are many Confirmed bug reports from months back which have yet to be fixed.

Comment

• Anthony89
              • Nov 2006
              • 3.8.x

Originally posted by smiggy
              There are many Confirmed bug reports from months back which have yet to be fixed.
              I know and I find that really unacceptable. If the supported, stable release cannot be maintained I think that's a problem. This regular release program has no merit if bugs aren't going to be fixed consistently.

Comment

• FreshFroot_
                • Jul 2005
                • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Anthony89
                I know and I find that really unacceptable. If the supported, stable release cannot be maintained I think that's a problem. This regular release program has no merit if bugs aren't going to be fixed consistently.
                They probably are doing this, so we are forced to upgrade and get vB4. Otherwise, if vB3.8 was fixed up.. not many people would be motivated or forced to move.

Comment

• nexialys
                  • May 2004
                  • 1.1.x

ARGH, another conspiracy...
                  oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

• fufu
                    • Jan 2006
                    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by FreshFroot_
                    They probably are doing this, so we are forced to upgrade and get vB4. Otherwise, if vB3.8 was fixed up.. not many people would be motivated or forced to move.
                    Originally posted by nexialys
                    ARGH, another conspiracy...

Comment

• smiggy
                      • Jul 2007
                      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Anthony89
                      Yeah, also considering not many people will be looking to upgrade to vBulletin 4.0 until the complete re-write version is released which won't be for a long while yet.

Comment

• Fusion
                        • Aug 2001
                        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by smiggy
                        Yeah, also considering not many people will be looking to upgrade to vBulletin 4.0 until the complete re-write version is released which won't be for a long while yet.
                        See post #2. If you are still confused, re-read the post until confusion evaporates.
                        Toddler from Hell

Comment

• Paul M
                          Former Lead Developer
                          vB.Com & vB.Org
                          • Sep 2004

I thought Andy was woking on 3.8 bugs, unless thats changed now.
                          Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• smiggy
                            • Jul 2007
                            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Paul M
                            I thought Andy was woking on 3.8 bugs, unless thats changed now.
                            Who knows?

I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens come end of October.

Comment

• Ryan Ashbrook
                              • May 2003

Ok, seriously.

All this about 3.x being dead is beyond ridiculous. The maintenance release schedule allows Andy, or whoever is fixing bugs, to take a day or two before the scheduled release to go through the Bug Tracker, fix the bugs, and test the bug fixes before release. They know when the release is going to happen, so they can schedule bug fixing around that.

Just because he's not looking at reports daily just means Priority is taking place for vB4, and they'll be looked at before release time.

Let go of the Conspiracy Theories for once and start thinking logically, why would they just stop maintaining the current branch for something that doesn't even exist as a usable product?
                              Ryan Ashbrook - My Blog - My Twitter

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...