• Show
Clear All
  • Shamil.
    • Feb 2008
    • 4.2.X

vBulletin Members Area Issues

Just being happy here.

In our Member's area:

vBulletin Members Area should be vBulletin Members' Area or vBulletin Member's Area.

Subsequently,

"As a holder of a valid and active vBulletin license, you are entitled to download the latest version of the software from this private members page."

need to be changed to reflect changes.

Now onto downloading vBulletin.

"If you download vBulletin 3.8 or newer, your download will include an integrated advertising control panel to quickly enable Google AdSense advertising. For more information about vBulletin with ads, please visit the manual."

I am sure that this is vBulletin 3.7....

"To submit a bug or receive support, please visit the community forums."

You could place a link to the vBulletin Project page here.

That's all I can see at this time of night.
    Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
    VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
    vBulletin Hosting and Services
    Server / Website Consultation
  • aussiefooty
    • Nov 2008
    • 6.0.X

You have to remember that you aren't the only one who uses the members area.

I don't see any problem with it.
    Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
    Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

• cellarius
      • Aug 2005
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by ct2k7
      "If you download vBulletin 3.8 or newer, your download will include an integrated advertising control panel to quickly enable Google AdSense advertising. For more information about vBulletin with ads, please visit the manual."
      That's actually wrong, is it not? All my downloads do not. AFAIK you have to specifically opt in for the download to include this.
      Last edited by cellarius; Sat 19 Sep '09, 11:38pm.

Comment

• Shamil.
        • Feb 2008
        • 4.2.X

Originally posted by schwab2clarkson
        You have to remember that you aren't the only one who uses the members area.

I don't see any problem with it.
        Hence I made this topic. The area is the members' area, since it only for members, but technically belongs to members.
        Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
        VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
        vBulletin Hosting and Services
        Server / Website Consultation

Comment

• cbiweb
          • Apr 2004
          • 4.1.x

In our Member's area:

vBulletin Members Area should be vBulletin Members' Area or vBulletin Member's Area.
          One can also think of it this way: It is an area for vBulletin members. In that case, there is no need for members'.

Subsequently,

"As a holder of a valid and active vBulletin license, you are entitled to download the latest version of the software from this private members page."

need to be changed to reflect changes.
          Subsequently, per my previous comment, this would not need to be changed (think "private page for members").

Now onto downloading vBulletin.

"If you download vBulletin 3.8 or newer..."

I am sure that this is vBulletin 3.7....
          You should have said "I am sure that this is supposed to read vBulletin 3.7.

I cannot find where the rest of your quotes and suggested changes are located, therefore I cannot make a comment at this time. Please direct us to those locations within the Members Area, so we all can make an informed opinion as well.
          ~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

Google Adsense integration was added in 3.8.0. There is no functionality for this before that version. Also you have to opt-in to this program within the Member's Area before anything is included in the download.

Other phrase changes will be taken under advisement but while not a difficult task it would be time consuming. We would have to wonder if there is any real benefit to the changes after all these years.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...